• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

K1300S motosports edition

The K1300S is a good bike.
About the only complaint I had, it was time consuming to check the valves.
The Motorsport has some nice extras like rearsets, light weight wheels and Acropovic exhaust.

The K1300S is a good bike.
About the only complaint I had, it was time consuming to check the valves.
The Motorsport has some nice extras like rearsets, light weight wheels and Acropovic exhaust.

Thanks and I have another question. I own a 2016 RT which is my first BMW. I had a few high performance Kawasaki's (ZX-11, ZX12, 2 ZX14's) and in my elder years the K 1300s looks more like a lot more refined ZX 11 than anything else I have owned. When you say rear sets I am assuming you do not mean rear sets in the sense of the new 1000 BMW sport bike but just more aggressive than the touring edition or sport touring BMW's? Didn't see enough of these in person to tell as they were pretty rare around here.

When you say rear sets I am assuming you do not mean rear sets in the sense of the new 1000 BMW sport bike but just more aggressive than the touring edition or sport touring BMW's? .

The rear sets, which are optional on other K1300S bikes let you move the rider pegs up and back.
I think the lowest position is the same as the stock position of other K1300Ss.
This picture shows the pegs. The pillion pegs are not adjustable.

2015-BMW-K1300S-03.jpg

vis_hp_fussrastenanlage.jpg

Last edited:
K1300S questions

Thanks for the reply's Lee. I saw the adjustable pegs in pictures of bikes for sale, just didn't know how the lowest position compared to the standard K1300s.

Sorry for the repeated questions but I am just learning about this bike and the more I learn new questions pop up so here goes with another one.

I saw a brief reference in one test to rev matching (which my 2016 RT has and I like particularly on downshifts going into corners) as part of the shift assist. Do any of the K1300s bikes have this feature and if they do what year did this feature become available?

Sorry for the repeated questions but I am just learning about this bike and the more I learn new questions pop up so here goes with another one.

Not a problem.
The K1300S has Shift Assist as a option, but it only works on up-shifts.
I'm guessing all the Motorsports were sold fully loaded and have this option.

Your only concern should be the retention of your driver's licence. :D

After seeing he survived owning several ZX's, thinking he may be familiar with the concept:laugh:laugh:laugh Even though I had to relearn myself when I rode the S for the first time!

Last of the S's for a bit, classic look.That Akra exhaust system is sweet. And you can hang some OEM accordion cases on it:whistle

After seeing he survived owning several ZX's, thinking he may be familiar with the concept:laugh:laugh:laugh Even though I had to relearn myself when I rode the S for the first time!

Last of the S's for a bit, classic look.That Akra exhaust system is sweet. And you can hang some OEM accordion cases on it:whistle

:thumb:D You betcha I know about that. The last ZX-14 I owned we ran in the AHDRA real street class and it ran 160.8 MPH at 8.81 in the 1/4 mile at Indianapolis in 2013. I rode this bike on the street for another year after giving up track racing before selling to a friend. If I hadn't sold it I would have killed myself it was so much fun. :thumb

California K 1300 s

Is there any performance penalty on a 2016 K1300 S originally sold in California due to stricter emissions standards? :dunno

K1300s

Thanks to all who have helped especially Lee. Am buying a 2015 motorsports edition with 3591 miles in Nashville Tenn. Only 165 miles from Louisville KY. This will make a nice bookend for my 2016 R1200RT. One to play the other to travel. :thumb:) :)

Crongrats on the new bike.
Earlier I mentioned all the Motorsports were probably fully loaded.
I forgot to mention centerstands and bag mounts were not always provided.
Looking online I see your bike does not have the centerstand installed.
If you have not sealed the deal maybe you can have the centerstand included in the purchase.

The centerstand on the K1300S tucks up out of the way and does not cause a clearance problem in curves.

Have fun :thumb

Greetings. I own a 2015 K1300S Motorsports Edition too. Other than the snazzy Motorsports colors, the bike comes fully optioned including adjustable, machined rear sets........machined pax pegs......Akropovic exhaust.....AND forged aluminum wheels (2lbs lighter than stock EACH).

Best all around bike I have ever owned. Toodle it......drag it.....track it......tour it. It does everything well enough to make you smile.

Greetings. I own a 2015 K1300S Motorsports Edition too. Other than the snazzy Motorsports colors, the bike comes fully optioned including adjustable, machined rear sets........machined pax pegs......Akropovic exhaust.....AND forged aluminum wheels (2lbs lighter than stock EACH).

Best all around bike I have ever owned. Toodle it......drag it.....track it......tour it. It does everything well enough to make you smile.

I love my K1300R...best bike I have ever owned hands down....does everything very well.

Back