Thread: F800gs adjustable windshield help

F800gs adjustable windshield help

I have a 2016 f800GS standard and Iím hoping to purchase an adjustable windscreen. I will do mostly Hard surface riding. I saw the Madstad and the RC motorcycle Solilutions . I need help purchasing the correct one, any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forum! Hang on while a moderator moves your post to the F-Twins section of the forum. Your post is in the help section, but primarily for forum software issues. So, don't worry about reposting, it will be moved to a mo' better area!
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum!
    Every now and then I wonder about a different windshield for my F800GS. Once I see you have been back to this thread, Iíll move it to F-Twins.......we need more F-Twins
    Gary
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

I have the Madstad on my F700GS & really like it. Lots of adjustment and well made. If you choose Madstad, you need to call them as they are extremely helpful with getting your height etc. so as to get a custom cut for you with no guessing about it.
    Gail Thorne
    2017 F700GS

I had an exchange with the OP....They were asking about a windshield from Motorcycle Solutions from Germany. It's not something I'm familiar with.
    A quick search doesn't help.
    OM
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

R S Motorcycle Solutions Adjustable Windshields

Thanks Gary for moving my request to F twins, Iím learning how to navigate a little better. The windshield is the SC998 and it looks like itís quite good however I canít find anyone that knows anything about them or has used one. Maybe Simone can help now I have more information.
    Thanks

Here's a link showing the shield.

https://www.rs-motorcyclesolutions.c...ct-14538074025
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

I have the Madstaad on my f700gs. Generally happy with it, but it does rattle and shake over bumps.

Paul

Coming

I ordered the RS Motorcycle solution adjustable windscreen so I expect it to arrive from Germany this week

Quote Originally Posted by bourasma View Post
    I ordered the RS Motorcycle solution adjustable windscreen so I expect it to arrive from Germany this week
    Post up a picture when you can. It will be interesting to see it on the bike and hear how it works out.
    OM
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

I may be a complete outlier, but I love the little OEM shield on my F700GS. It offers virtually no weather protection, but man does it excel at air management. At 80, 90, even 100 mph, I feel little wind pressure on my upper body, no ďsailĒ effect at all. At the same time, my head is in completely clean air. Itís loud of course, but no buffeting. For me, in favorable weather, thatís the holy grail of windscreen function.

Quote Originally Posted by lawrencecarlson View Post
    I may be a complete outlier, but I love the little OEM shield on my F700GS. It offers virtually no weather protection, but man does it excel at air management. At 80, 90, even 100 mph, I feel little wind pressure on my upper body, no ďsailĒ effect at all. At the same time, my head is in completely clean air. Itís loud of course, but no buffeting. For me, in favorable weather, thatís the holy grail of windscreen function.
    I also use the stock shield but found a tinted one which I think looks better on my white moto.
    Marty Hill
    7 GS white
    G650GS sertao
    Ride till you can't