• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

F800gs adjustable windshield help

bourasma

I have a 2016 f800GS standard and I’m hoping to purchase an adjustable windscreen. I will do mostly Hard surface riding. I saw the Madstad and the RC motorcycle Solilutions . I need help purchasing the correct one, any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forum! Hang on while a moderator moves your post to the F-Twins section of the forum. Your post is in the help section, but primarily for forum software issues. So, don't worry about reposting, it will be moved to a mo' better area! :thumb

Welcome to the forum!
Every now and then I wonder about a different windshield for my F800GS. Once I see you have been back to this thread, I’ll move it to F-Twins.......we need more F-Twins :wave
Gary

I have the Madstad on my F700GS & really like it. Lots of adjustment and well made. If you choose Madstad, you need to call them as they are extremely helpful with getting your height etc. so as to get a custom cut for you with no guessing about it.

I had an exchange with the OP....They were asking about a windshield from Motorcycle Solutions from Germany. It's not something I'm familiar with.
A quick search doesn't help.
OM

R S Motorcycle Solutions Adjustable Windshields

Thanks Gary for moving my request to F twins, I’m learning how to navigate a little better. The windshield is the SC998 and it looks like it’s quite good however I can’t find anyone that knows anything about them or has used one. Maybe Simone can help now I have more information.
Thanks

I have the Madstaad on my f700gs. Generally happy with it, but it does rattle and shake over bumps.

Paul

Coming

I ordered the RS Motorcycle solution adjustable windscreen so I expect it to arrive from Germany this week

I ordered the RS Motorcycle solution adjustable windscreen so I expect it to arrive from Germany this week

Post up a picture when you can. It will be interesting to see it on the bike and hear how it works out.
OM

I may be a complete outlier, but I love the little OEM shield on my F700GS. It offers virtually no weather protection, but man does it excel at air management. At 80, 90, even 100 mph, I feel little wind pressure on my upper body, no “sail” effect at all. At the same time, my head is in completely clean air. It’s loud of course, but no buffeting. For me, in favorable weather, that’s the holy grail of windscreen function.

I may be a complete outlier, but I love the little OEM shield on my F700GS. It offers virtually no weather protection, but man does it excel at air management. At 80, 90, even 100 mph, I feel little wind pressure on my upper body, no “sail” effect at all. At the same time, my head is in completely clean air. It’s loud of course, but no buffeting. For me, in favorable weather, that’s the holy grail of windscreen function.

I also use the stock shield but found a tinted one which I think looks better on my white moto.:thumb

Back