• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Headlight issues with a 2016 R1200RT

14 rt low beam

I was able to replace the low beam bulb on my 14 RT from underneath one time. The second time I had to do it I couldn't get the wire clamp set, almost bloodying my fingers.
I finally gave up, bought the service DVD, and removed the headlight assy to work on. With the DVD giving step by step directions it was relatively easy to remove and replace the assy. However, I wouldn't try it without the service DVD. Too hard to find everything without it. If you free-form it there's a good chance you'll bust a tab or miss/break something else. As far as I'm concerned the DVD is worth every penny and way better than previous BMW paper manuals I've used over the years. I do agree that making the bulb replacement so hard is somewhat lame.

i have lost two low beams in two years. 1st time after a day of trying to get the second side of the spring clipped, i took it to the dealer who gave up after 1/2 hour.
second time i ordered two led aux lights and run them off rear aux power plug.
bad design bmw

Back