• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Problem with logging into Main Website

stevenrankin

Hello, this is a back way plea for help. I can access the market place and forum only if i directly go to them via browser.

When I try to go to the BMWMOA main website, I get a message:Bad Request - Request Too Long

HTTP Error 400. The size of the request headers is too long.

I have not been able to connect to the main website nor the help or contact sites to tell anyone about this issue.

Is it my system that is messed up or, something going on with the main website? St.

Steve -

I just went to the main website and found myself logged out...a bit unusual. Anyway, I logged back in with my same credentials and was able to get in no problems. So, it might seem that the issue is locally with you. Gary often suggests this, but try a different device or computer...that might help isolate if it's one machine or something else. If you use a friend's computer, be sure and log out when you're done.

Has the hallmarks of a history error. If you stay logged in to the forum, purposely log out and then try logging into the main site. If you know how to clear your history/cookies/caches, that would be the next step.
Let us know whether this and or Kurt’s suggestion works.
Gary

Got it back

I am back to normal, the problem was with my computer. Did a restart and now I can access the website.

Thanks for letting me know the problem was at my end, it made it easy to fix. St.

And thanks for giving us your solution. Might help someone else out down the line. :thumb

I am back to normal, the problem was with my computer. Did a restart and now I can access the website.

Thanks for letting me know the problem was at my end, it made it easy to fix. St.

Great :thumb
While battling time flying, everyone should shut off there devices at least weekly. There is more that can be done but turning a device off weekly is a start.
The only difference is if you just got one of those “browser hijacks” that tell you that you have a virus. Turning the device off will frequently “embed” the problem :eek
Gary

Back