Thread: Problem with logging into Main Website

Problem with logging into Main Website

Hello, this is a back way plea for help. I can access the market place and forum only if i directly go to them via browser.

When I try to go to the BMWMOA main website, I get a message:Bad Request - Request Too Long

HTTP Error 400. The size of the request headers is too long.

I have not been able to connect to the main website nor the help or contact sites to tell anyone about this issue.

Is it my system that is messed up or, something going on with the main website? St.

Steve -

I just went to the main website and found myself logged out...a bit unusual. Anyway, I logged back in with my same credentials and was able to get in no problems. So, it might seem that the issue is locally with you. Gary often suggests this, but try a different device or computer...that might help isolate if it's one machine or something else. If you use a friend's computer, be sure and log out when you're done.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Has the hallmarks of a history error. If you stay logged in to the forum, purposely log out and then try logging into the main site. If you know how to clear your history/cookies/caches, that would be the next step.
    Let us know whether this and or Kurtís suggestion works.
    Gary
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Got it back

I am back to normal, the problem was with my computer. Did a restart and now I can access the website.

Thanks for letting me know the problem was at my end, it made it easy to fix. St.

And thanks for giving us your solution. Might help someone else out down the line.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVENRANKIN View Post
    I am back to normal, the problem was with my computer. Did a restart and now I can access the website.

Thanks for letting me know the problem was at my end, it made it easy to fix. St.
    Great
    While battling time flying, everyone should shut off there devices at least weekly. There is more that can be done but turning a device off weekly is a start.
    The only difference is if you just got one of those “browser hijacks” that tell you that you have a virus. Turning the device off will frequently “embed” the problem
    Gary
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200