• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Is top Speed limited on K16B?

You just like to follow rules.

28 years in law enforcement arresting criminals tends to result in that mentality.

I tend to stick to the 7-8 over, but I will hit it from time to time. Eyes wide open. I accept responsibility for whatever I do and I've been on the autobahn and autostrada too. 93 can get you run off the road in some places for being in the way.

NOT HERE in the US.

I don't know the top speed of my RT, but I've hit 115 without a problem. A limiter could be a concern if you have some idiot chasing you down for whatever reason, for instance in a pickup with a speed limited of 108 and you can't outrun him. It's not that I or anyone else goes that fast all the time or often, but to have the reserve just in case or just because. Shoot, a HD can go faster.

In 50 years of riding, that's never been an issue, with near 600K miles in the saddle. It's so statistically insignificant as to be irrelevant in the US. What if's are mental masturbation. Has that ever happened? Probably. Do we see on the boards people posting such incidents? I've never seen anyone post thusly, hence the idea it's statistically insignificant.

We could play another what if, what if you're being chased by a Hellcat whose top speed is 199mph? Does that suggest I need to buy a bike whose top end is 240mph? 220? 210? You have got to be sheeting me with that what if. How far does one take that statistically insignificant scenario?

Last edited:
Back