• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW Performance Center Authority Training

weschmann

Kawa Afterthought
At the Iowa National, I managed to get a spot in the training provided for what was called the Authority training, which was for LEO motorcycle cop training. I enjoyed the session so much that I threw caution to the wind and signed up to take the two day course at the Performance Training Center in South Carolina. Have my date scheduled at the end of October and really looking for it. Is there anyone else that attended the training at the National planning on moving forward with additional LEO training? I'm not a MC copper but felt the training was so good that it might just give me more of an edge to keep on ridding well past my 67 years young age. Would love to hear from anyone who takes the training in the future so I can compare notes as to how it progresses. I think I'm in the first group open to the public so looking forward to both the training and helping out with suggestions on the effectiveness of the course.....

Check if your state MSF Program offers the "Ultimate Bike Bonding Course". It is done on your own bike and includes many skills included in LEO moto school. Try that first and then spend the big bucks for BMW school

Friedle

At the Iowa National, I managed to get a spot in the training provided for what was called the Authority training, which was for LEO motorcycle cop training. I enjoyed the session so much that I threw caution to the wind and signed up to take the two day course at the Performance Training Center in South Carolina. Have my date scheduled at the end of October and really looking for it. Is there anyone else that attended the training at the National planning on moving forward with additional LEO training? I'm not a MC copper but felt the training was so good that it might just give me more of an edge to keep on ridding well past my 67 years young age. Would love to hear from anyone who takes the training in the future so I can compare notes as to how it progresses. I think I'm in the first group open to the public so looking forward to both the training and helping out with suggestions on the effectiveness of the course.....
That sounds like it will be a great experience :thumb
Hopefully you can post up on how you liked it.
Stay safe, ride safe.
Gary

Have fun..

Always learning is the best attitude. I need to sign up for their class.
I have done multiple Rawhyde off-road classes and multiple MSF classes over the year's. I always learn or improve something.

And don't forget to apply for a Paul B. Scholarship:

https://www.bmwmoa.org/page/paulb

Another great BMW MOA Foundation program.

Voni
sMiling
Voni, already done and approved. Hadn’t thought of it until a new friend and new bmw rider Wendy Naessens from Chicago suggested to apply. The course is a bit costly but the scholarship really helps to bring it in line for me. I will be glad to post back here with my impressions of the course and skills learned during my first association with a full immersion training session.......now I have to work my butt off to get into shape physically for the two day ridding exercise, so its the activity that keeps on producing good results.

Last edited:
Back