• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tecnically challenged doofus

shortythorne

shortythorne
Occasionally, when someone posts a picture or you tube video, all I get is a black square. Never had any problems before and I sure would like to correct this. Help! Thanks in advance.......:)

If you can remember when and where you saw it, check on it in a day or two and see if the view has changed. This has happened before in a kind of geographical kinda deal.
We can go from there.
OM

Don't listen to him Gail.... it is your fault. Annie has the same affliction; the ability to turn technology to ashes with nothing more than a brief gaze. :banghead Cell phones die, computers fail to respond and throttle position sensors on brand new motorcycles simply refuse to cooperate. There is no cure.

Given how much of it has historically been used on the BMW website, I think the Germans invented Flash. And it requires a special tool to make it run right...
:rolleyes

Best,
DG

Occasionally, when someone posts a picture or you tube video, all I get is a black square. Never had any problems before and I sure would like to correct this. Help! Thanks in advance.......:)

I have had this problem for a while now. Lately most of what OM posts is black boxes for me.

I have had this problem for a while now. Lately most of what OM posts is black boxes for me.

The easiest way to check that it to view on different devices.......possibly different networks. Especially if you are on a specific network such as a work network.
Try a home computer with a known network and then a cellular network.
OM

No smartphone, no home computer. This could be blocked on this end:dunno

That was my guess. If you visit a place running a conventional network, try logging in and have a peek. Just remember to log out when you are done.
OM

99% of the time I use Chrome as my browser, customized with several extensions including an ad-blocker. But there are always a few sites that don't get along with that configuration, so I keep several alternative browsers installed, with their default configurations. Windows 10 comes with Internet Explorer and Edge, and I also have Firefox available. Some sites block users based on location, so I have Opera, which has free VPN based in Europe and Asia, so I appear to be elsewhere.

If I can't properly view a web page after trying one or two of those alternatives, the problem is not on my end.

Annie.....many many problems here. Dufus is properly spelled as such so that starts out the whole situation. Next is of course, the Alabama curse of even having a toilet to flush properly without having the door close with more than just a board on a nail that swivels from vertical to horizontal. Lastly, those hogs that are running loose out there in the yard from the neighbors are probably digging up the cable or interfering with your telephone cable there on the side of the single wide. Whoever heard of a party line internet connection anyway???

I truly am sorry Darlin; but from the view over here in Georgia while sitting on my Tennessee mule the problem is insurmountable and beyond reach of most anything I might suggest...…….Unfortunately, I am limited to pretty much scratching pictures on rocks over here so I leave it to these guys that are able to tune more than a /9...…..Good luck......

Back