• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Where is that Church in Nova Scotia ?

72r60/7

I'm going to Nova Scotia in a couple of weeks and wanted to stop by a particular Church again.

My mental camera is in perfect working order, though my mental GPS locator is not.

It's a little odd to ask if anyone knows this Church by the description that I can cobble together. But here goes.

I think it is on the Coast side of the hi-way, probably not the main motorway, and probably between Shag Harbour and Digby.
On or near the Arcadian Coast.
Tall stone church with cemetery in the back sloping down to a bay. The bay smaller than the Bay of Funday.

That description could be a third of the churches there, but the most specific thing was that the local residents and nearby farmers got together once a year for maybe 32 plus years and laid one course of stone around the church every year. Not a small Church either. Remarkable patience. Beautiful Church.

Just wanted to ask as all searching on Goo Maps has produced nothing.

Winner will get a beer in the local pub or coffee if you are working if I pass by your area. Two if it's your birthday !

Thanks,
Charlie

Dude, Just enjoy the ride. You will find it or you won't.

I gotta gimme in two weeks. I have to go to some mine in butt-nut-somewhere and base camp is some helicopter pad near asphalt.

I'm gonna take two days to go 500 miles because there are a lot of places along the way the way the I vaguely remember have cold beer.

I get to ride, 'nuff said?

Just lucky I guess! I tried to use your story of 32 years for the build to google the church. In the end, I just looked at images of churches that came up along the Acadian coast. I saw what seemed to be the most impressive looking one. Further reading of it, said it took 32 years to build. I figured that must have been it. So, it just fell in my lap.

Haven't ridden by that church in a while Charlie, but it always leaves an impression on one when they do.

Drop me a line when you have your Nova Scotia ride dates and details. Perhaps you can meet up with some of our members.

Our Club's annual Fall Colours Ride around the Cabot Trail has been rescheduled to September 21-23, if you're going to be here then. it is earlier than usual due to us doing a Tech Day on the 30th.

Our weekly meeting spot (every Thursday 6pm-x) is at the Chicken Burger, 1531 Bedford Highway, Bedford, NS. It is reputed to be the oldest drive-in diner in Canada and has pictures on its walls of motorcycles lined up outside the place dating back to the 1940's if not earlier.
chickenburger-bedford-03-588x330.jpg

Thanks For the Hospitality Allan.

Chicken Burger it is, as my wife is flying into Halifax on a Friday to meet me. Good reason to come in there a day early.

No real definitive plan or dates after that. Just coming for 10-12 days and "you can't see it all". (But you can try). Quality, rather than Quanity seems to fit just fine nowadays.

Hope to run into you some where, sometime.

Charlie

Back