Thread: F700GS extended warranty, would you?

F700GS extended warranty, would you?

I am a few days a way from my 3 years being up. Bike is a 2015 with 28,000 miles. 100% problem free. I do plan on keep it awhile so priced some extended warranties. $780 for 3 more years, no milage limitations. I likely will have more miles per year in the next few years because I am using it even more. Obviously it will pay off if I have one serious issue, but statistically I wonder if I would be better off saving the money. Are there any problem trends or patterns to expect with these bikes? It has the same engine as the f800.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynlee View Post
    I am a few days a way from my 3 years being up. Bike is a 2015 with 28,000 miles. 100% problem free. I do plan on keep it awhile so priced some extended warranties. $780 for 3 more years, no milage limitations. I likely will have more miles per year in the next few years because I am using it even more. Obviously it will pay off if I have one serious issue, but statistically I wonder if I would be better off saving the money. Are there any problem trends or patterns to expect with these bikes? It has the same engine as the f800.
    That is a great question. One always was advised NOT to buy the extended warranties on cars, but not sure about bikes. As you note, given the cost of fixing BMW's and the relatively low 780 for unlimited miles, it seems like a good idea. Personally I only put 1,000 on a year (2016 F700). So I realize I am not helping you, but I will also face this soon.

Paul

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    $780 sounds pretty reasonable. It might be good to mention the insurance provider to see if it has any pro/con response. I usually like to stay with an OEM policy but it seems that is a thing of the past as far as BMW goes.
    Hope it goes well.....these bikes are pretty expensive to repair if you are not at least somewhat handy.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Thank you both! I have just a few days to decide. In my experience with cars and bikes, you either have a good apple or a bad (or ok) one. You tend to find out which one pretty quickly. I am leaning towards not getting it, because this bike has been perfect thus far....