• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Going to Adelaide Australia - need to find motorcycle rental

discoboy

I'm headed to Adelaide Australia soon and am hoping to get some riding in while I'm there. I can't seem to find any places that rent motorcycles in or near Adelaide. They all seem to be in Sydney or Melbourne.

Plenty of search results for adventure tours (I wish! These look awesome but I'll be there on business and won't have the time) and another "opportunity" to pay to ride on the back of someone else's Harley down by the beach (shudder).

If there's anyone on MOA that can help I'll be most grateful.

Australia

Perhaps you could email ambassador Paul Sweeney who lives in a suburb of Adelaide, Australia

According to the ambassador list this is his email

Pauljswseeney@gmail.com

Met him at a National Rally and local rally a few years back, really nice guy.

Tell him Darryl and Terry Cainey saw hello.

Hope he can help or at least steer you in the right direction.

Good luck

Perhaps you could email ambassador Paul Sweeney who lives in a suburb of Adelaide, Australia

According to the ambassador list this is his email

Pauljswseeney@gmail.com

Met him at a National Rally and local rally a few years back, really nice guy.

Tell him Darryl and Terry Cainey saw hello.

Hope he can help or at least steer you in the right direction.

Good luck

Sadly that email address bounced. Hopefully that's merely a typo issue.

Paul Sweeney

Sadly that email address bounced. Hopefully that's merely a typo issue.

That is the email that we had for him, also what is listed on the ambassador's list.

If you google Paul Sweeney GARL PTY, he is on LinkedIn, you may be able to access him that way. I don't belong to LinkedIn, so I could not get any more information.

Hope this helps, the best I can do.

Great idea to rent a bike in Adelaide. There's great riding in the area, and lots of interesting things to see.

Have fun.

As it turns out I was able to get in touch with Paul Sweeney. The email address as posted did have an extra letter in it. Paul has been gracious and helpful. Looks like this is going to be a fun trip.

As it turns out I was able to get in touch with Paul Sweeney. The email address as posted did have an extra letter in it. Paul has been gracious and helpful. Looks like this is going to be a fun trip.

Glad it worked out, Paul is a really nice guy.

Can you pm me with his correct email so I can thank him for helping.

Never mind I see that I added in an extra "S" in the email address.

Last edited:
Back