• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1967 r69s Back in the family after 35 years

erike

Hi everyone, pretty excited to share this story.
My dad has owned several BMW motorcycles over the years and currently still owns a few. He has also been an MOA member for over 40 years, and recently attended his 40th in a row International rally. He had acquired this motorcycle back in the early 1980's but sold it off shortly after in order to buy me my first dirt bike, a Yamaha PW50. I rode that PW50 thousands of times before it was stolen out of our garage. The gentleman who he sold it to back in 1983 recently contacted him about the motorcycle and was wondering if my dad could help him figure out what to do with it. He is now 84 and has come to the realization that he can no longer ride the bike. He has ridden the bike every year since he purchased it from my father and maintained it really well. He has even made some custom tools in order to work on the motorcycle more easily. My dad helped him out over several weeks with various questions and what not. He hadn't even had the thought of selling the bike off until my dad had mentioned how I had been looking for one over the last few years. He jokingly said that he would love to buy the bike for me one time while leaving, thinking nothing of it. I guess he figured that offering the bike to a good home where a few already reside and with someone passionate enough to maintain the machine and respect it's heritage.
I own a few classic cars that I keep as close to factory specs as possible. I'm really looking forward to keeping this beauty alive and well.
My pops and I plan on taking his 67 r69s and my 67 r69s to the rally next year in Tennessee. This year was his 40th rally in a row. We have been to several together over the years but we've never had the joy of riding to the rally on separate bikes.
BMW - r69s - Aug2018.jpg

Welcome to the world of Vintage! Quite the view of two '67s going down the road! :thumb

Back