• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum
My experience has usually been that the battery lasted only one day, or maybe just part of a day longer than the moment I should have replaced it for maximum convenience.

This is good news! It indicates that you are ever so close to getting your battery replacement times perfectly correct.

My experience has usually been that the battery lasted only one day, or maybe just part of a day longer than the moment I should have replaced it for maximum convenience.

Pretty spot on

Speaking of batteries, y'alls heated gear and 310's behaving? My 690 Orange thumper got angry at me in Arkansas with gear on high ,phone charger in tailbag on,and GPS on...H's 390 was OK, but a year newer battery. She just shook her head watching be push it near Jasper to no avail...jumper cables (I did have) lit it up. It's my month for batteries:banghead

This is good news! It indicates that you are ever so close to getting your battery replacement times perfectly correct.

Spilled my coffee on that one!

As I read this, I realize I'm reading a best oil thread or how to water proof my chaps or better yet, when is my tire too bald to ride on.

Modern battery technology has exceeded the ability to predict life. Throw our usual FLA into AGM/GEL and VRLA with a little mixture of LI-ION and LI-FE.

When you crack the manufacture date, not the build date or delivery date of a battery, you will find out that you bought, off the shelf, at least a three year old manufactured battery.

I use a battery/starter/charging system tester that requires frequent updating and it's worth 25 Odyssey batteries. It's wrong a great deal.

Guessing/gambling on needing a battery change is way less expensive than being wrong.

Hey 'yoda:wave

Was ready to get hammered for talking about being out riding, I forget some have stored for the season already and don't want to hear such ramblings.:whistle

11 years on an AGM...I was winning!

I always had good luck with Exide, or Deka, are they available for our bikes? I don't see the battery specs, size , # etc. in the owners manual.

I always had good luck with Exide, or Deka, are they available for our bikes? I don't see the battery specs, size , # etc. in the owners manual.

What year and model of BMW are you talking about?

sorry, A 2104 wethead RT.

I have never had the (group) work on power sports batteries :dunno In the automotive world, group 24, 27, 31 and on meant case size and terminal location was pretty close to identical. I have always had to look up the specific battery for each bike, ATV or wave runner- sometimes that wasn’t close enough. Seems like a lot of variation once one gets away from the automotive battery series.
OM

You could call Beemer Boneyard and ask them to send you a good battery that fits your 2014 RT. You'll get one that fits properly and isn't too expensive (compared to OEM). You could at the same time get some service parts like filters, plugs and even oil if you're doing your own services.

Back