Thread: Kickstand safety switch

Kickstand safety switch

Trouble shooting 2002 1150 RT. If I unplug the switch, will that bypass it, or do I need to connect the wires to bypass it?

Welcome to the forum! Just noticed that there's at least one thread in the Similar Threads pane at the bottom of the screen that addresses this. Check 'em out!! Hope that helps.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

That is a normally "open" switch, closed when the brake is activated. Unplugging it leaves it open. You need to "loop" the wires to bypass the switch.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

On my 94 R1100RS I find it periodically useful to take some WD40 and squirt around the sidestand switch. I then exercise the sidestand switch (by moving the sidestand up and down several times). This usually ensures that bug guts and other road spooge gets cleaned from the switch and the WD40 helps remove moisture and precludes excessive corrosion in the switch.

If the sidestand switch function is bypassed through the use of a jumper, take care to ensure that the sidestand is up before riding the bike.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robsryder View Post
    on my 94 r1100rs i find it periodically useful to take some wd40 and squirt around the sidestand switch. I then exercise the sidestand switch (by moving the sidestand up and down several times). This usually ensures that bug guts and other road spooge gets cleaned from the switch and the wd40 helps remove moisture and precludes excessive corrosion in the switch.

If the sidestand switch function is bypassed through the use of a jumper, take care to ensure that the sidestand is up before riding the bike.
    +1
    om
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200