• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2011 R1200RT rider backrest options with aftermarket seat

I'm trying to figure out how to have a backrest with an aftermarket seat on the bike. The Bakup backrest only works with the stock seats according to the manufacturer.
Is there an option for me with an aftermarket seat?

The Corbin requires the back seat to be changed to add the backrest and I can't put a Corbin in the back for the wife.

Options???

Thanks!

Backrest

I'm trying to figure out how to have a backrest with an aftermarket seat on the bike. The Bakup backrest only works with the stock seats according to the manufacturer.
Is there an option for me with an aftermarket seat?

The Corbin requires the back seat to be changed to add the backrest and I can't put a Corbin in the back for the wife.

Options???

Thanks!

FYI- I have a 2009 R1200RT that has the Sargeant Low seat and I am using the Bakup backrest with no problems.
The backrest mounts between the seats and is a bit flexible, in that you can move forward or backward some when installing the seat.
There is also some adjustments that raise or lower, and move the backrest position forward or backward slightly.
I enjoy the Bakup. Hit the cruise, turn up the music, lean back, stretch the legs forward, and the miles just click off!

No idea if you already HAVE the aftermarket seat, but if you're looking for a different one, my 07 has a Russell Day Long with included back rest that easily slips on/off as needed. It would work with the stock passenger seat.

FYI- I have a 2009 R1200RT that has the Sargeant Low seat and I am using the Bakup backrest with no problems.
The backrest mounts between the seats and is a bit flexible, in that you can move forward or backward some when installing the seat.
There is also some adjustments that raise or lower, and move the backrest position forward or backward slightly.
I enjoy the Bakup. Hit the cruise, turn up the music, lean back, stretch the legs forward, and the miles just click off!

That is great information and just what I was looking for. Thanks!!!

No idea if you already HAVE the aftermarket seat, but if you're looking for a different one, my 07 has a Russell Day Long with included back rest that easily slips on/off as needed. It would work with the stock passenger seat.

Thanks for the info, I had a RDL on a GS and it was awesome.

Back