• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Throttle Grip End Cap Install Advice

motomeister405

Hello All,

I am having difficulties installing the end cap to the handlebars on the throttle side. I removed it with an allen wrench to fix my throttle grip. I've fixed my grip, but now the end-cap won't screw back in. It doesn't have threads, but it has a screw that seems like it might self-thread the cap into the handlebars but I'm not for sure. I talked to a mechanic at a dealership and he recommended pushing down towards the ground while trying to screw it in with an allen wrench. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bike Model: 2000 R1200C

Attachments

• IMG_2574.JPG
    IMG_2574.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_2575.JPG
    IMG_2575.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_2576.JPG
    IMG_2576.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Try loosening the screw really loose (just started a couple of threads). Rotate the pieces around until everything fits the hole and push the end-weight into the handlebar. Then tighten the screw.

Welcome to the Forum motomeister405:wave

Not sure what model we are talking about, It looks like a GS or Roadster piece from tubular bars?

You need to separate the bar end T-lock from that long handlebar insert and get it back inside the bar. Then reinstall the T-lock with some blue loctite after cleaning the old stuff from the oval screw threads
May be in need of a new screw if it is a self tapping. I am scratching my head trying to picture that screw. Turning one backwards slowly may index the thread, you may have better luck with a T-wrench allen.

That lug is not sold separately and I have never tried to remove one, surely someone has.

Try loosening the screw really loose (just started a couple of threads). Rotate the pieces around until everything fits the hole and push the end-weight into the handlebar. Then tighten the screw.

That seemed to work well at the beginning, but eventually it starts rotating in place...

Back