• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R1200RS Wunderlich Windscreen

RS windscreens preference really depend on primary riding style. Sport, sport with some touring or some sport with lots of Touring, where sport is a minimalist screen and heavy touring demands better wind and rain protection.

I tend to the later. I got a Calsci which is wider (not higher) to keep more rain off my body. Since I got that, Aeroflow has new offering which also look very good to me.

Has anyone tried the Wunderlich Touring Windscreen for an R1200RS?

It is a quiet screen in the up position for me. I am 5'9", sitting on a Sargent seat and wear either a Neotec or Shoei Air. Here in Texas I ride with it in the down position. Touring, rain or cold weather I ride with it in the up position.

It is stupid money but well made and has been very scratch resistant. The Aeroflow was not out at the time or I would have tried their screen first. I've had a few of their screens in the past and they are super quiet.

164935601.jpg

Wow. Thanks for the responses. I’ve taken a look at the Aeroflow website. The stock windscreen isn’t really that bad. I’ve had my RS for three weeks and just did the run in oil and final drive oil change. I want to be sure that I’m looking over the windscreen so I’ll have to decide probably between the Aeroflow tall or medium. Thanks again for the input!

Aeroflow Touring Screen, Size Medium on a 2018 R1200RS

/Users/lauramiller/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail/Data/Library/Mail Downloads/F9472032-E904-4E2F-810E-22643978A889/IMG_0191.jpg

Aeroflow Touring Screen, Size Medium on a 2018 R1200RS

IMG_0194.jpgIMG_0191.jpg

Based upon advice I received on this forum and a very informative discussion with Paige, at Aeroflow, I installed an Aeroflow touring, size medium on my 2018, R1200RS. I really didn't mind the stock screen, I put 1,400 miles on it, but the Aeroflow allows me to ride at 80 mph and still be able to hear my Sena system clearly. I'm 5' 8", with a 32 inch inseam. I can just see over the medium in the raised position. The screen looks a little but big, but it really does the job to quiet down my ride.

Thanks,

Stan

Back