• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

R60/2 Turn Signal Switch

swall

I appear to have a fault in my handle bar switch for the turn signals. Left position works fine, the turn signal flashes as it should. Right position is intermittent. The signal will come on, flash a couple times, then quit, going dark. Can this switch be disassembled to clean the contacts? The machine is a '67 model with the rotary switch with push button in the center.

Yes, I've taken mine apart...it's been a while and I didn't take any pictures. :( It's fiddly and quite easy to lose the small bits. Might want to work over a large towel or in a plastic bag just in case. As I recall, the wires were somewhat stiff having been in that position for a long time.

I was able to find a little bit on an early /5 switch which probably has common elements. It's near the bottom of this page:

https://penforhire.wordpress.com/category/restoration/

Back