• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

rattle on take off

jimwjarmour

jimmy armour
Hi once again Guys, here,s one for the Tech,s among you,does the abs recycle with a rattly sound on take off? only does it when ign just switched on and abs lights flashing,while taking off, lights go out and does,nt do it again ,never noticed it before but have had a louder rattle /knock on take off now cured with newer in put shaft assy :scratch thanks in advance Jimmy:thumb

My R1100RT is pretty much the same, was a little rattle when the ABS set itself and every time I took off after a stop when riding any distance. My rattle is a lot louder as the miles go on but I'm almost sure it's because the ABS mounts are pretty worn out and there is some contact with the Module and mounting frame that is metal to metal.

I should fix that.

rattle

thanks for the reply, funny enough while I had the gearbox out last month I noted the top screw on the battery mount to the abs module was missing I replaced it, will get my son to ride it while I listen, we are off to Pennsylvania next weekend to the four Winds BMW rally looking forward to getting some miles on her, bye for now ,Jimmy:ca

Back