• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New K1600B

larryz

Just bought a new K1600B. Like the bike but there feels like there is a lot of wind buffeting at around 65-70MPH. Any ideas for aftermarket windscreens?

I don't have a K1600B, but have had V-Stream windshields on two RTs (2008 & 2015). My experience is that they're excellent products.

Just bought a new K1600B. Like the bike but there feels like there is a lot of wind buffeting at around 65-70MPH. Any ideas for aftermarket windscreens?

Just bought the regular height VStream windshield. Should arrive next week. I’ll let you know how it performs
SWessels

Just bought the regular height VStream windshield. Should arrive next week. I’ll let you know how it performs
SWessels

The VStream is too tall for me. I am looking through the shield when it’s lifted to keep wind off my helmet.

Just bought a 7Jurock windshield. Have only ridden a short distance but this windshield seems better suited for me

I just bought a stock 1200rt used this last August and look through the windshield when riding, are you supposed to look through or over? I put the shield up all the way to get rid of the wind, hate that, I have just looked at the V windshield and watched the video, I was real impressed at just how low their shield could be and not hear the wind, my stock is not that way, it has to be just about all the way up and I keep it up. After riding an older wing with added shield I swore I'd never ride another bike with out a shield, hate fighting the wind, used to do that in the 70's.

lookin' thru or lookin' over

I just bought a stock 1200rt used this last August and look through the windshield when riding, are you supposed to look through or over? I put the shield up all the way to get rid of the wind, hate that, I have just looked at the V windshield and watched the video, I was real impressed at just how low their shield could be and not hear the wind, my stock is not that way, it has to be just about all the way up and I keep it up. After riding an older wing with added shield I swore I'd never ride another bike with out a shield, hate fighting the wind, used to do that in the 70's.

I learned the hard way about looking through the windshield. I swapped my stock windshield our for a Ztecnic. It reduced the buffeting significantly but even in the lowest position, I had to look through it because the top line was about 2 inches above my normal sightline. All was good until we got caught in a rain storm and I couldn't see through it any more. They specifically say not to use rain-x or other repellants because it might mess up the coating on the acrylic, so the next long range trip is going to be with the old stock screen. Ztechnic recommends their own specific cleaner but I don't know if that would make it better in a rain storm and I don't feel confident enough with the jig saw to go at the screen and cut a couple of inches off.

when I bought mine I had the dealer swap out the original screen for a stock GTL screen. No buffeting. They did it for free too.

Its been almost 2 months since your post but I have a brand new "sport" windshield that came on my new 2018 RT. I wanted the higher stock windshield so switched it out when I picked up the bike. Never used, brand new, not a scratch, US$300, ship to where you are included.

Scott Roe
866-635-2312

Back