Thread: danny gray / airhawk seat

danny gray / airhawk seat

Does the factory low R1200GS have the low seat ? And has anyone purchased a danny gray / airhawk seat for the R1200 GS and if so , what do you think about the seat ?

Danny Gray Seat

Quote Originally Posted by 56982 View Post
    Does the factory low R1200GS have the low seat ? And has anyone purchased a danny gray / airhawk seat for the R1200 GS and if so , what do you think about the seat ?
    I bought one in June for my RT. I went on a 2,700 mile ride in Mid July. Overall, I like the seat. Mine has a design flaw that they will fix this fall. A factory rep came to my home while at the rally in Des Moines to investigate the issue. So far they have been excellent to work with.

One of the things I dislike about the seat are the seams in the seat. After about 50 miles they can start to dig into the skin. I was able to ride several 150 mile stints in a row with some shifting in the seat. I did 2 back to back 550 mile days with just gas stops. I expressed my concerns to them and I think they are going to re design the seat. Time will tell. The pockets in the bottom of the seat pan are a great feature. The foam never bottomed out on me.

I haven't used the AirHawk bladder much because of the seams in the middle of the seat. When it has air in it, it accentuates the seams and actually makes them cut into your leg more.

Quote Originally Posted by 56982 View Post
    The low seat does not come standard on the low suspension bike. It's a $200 option.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwk100 View Post
    The low seat does not come standard on the low suspension bike. It's a $200 option.
    I bought the air hawk los seat
    Seem very well built
    Nice material.
    A little harder to install had to lube the rubber bushings to allow it to go in.
    Takes a little to pump the air into chambers with the single push button.
    Seem to work well but I havenít been able to test it yet on a long ride.
    So far short rides seems comfortable. But not significantly different from stock low seat.
    About $500 plus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk