Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Should we tell them... ?

Yes, Mr. Feeler, I agree. YOUR timely and well positioned diatribe points out and exposes ALL that YOUR RANT would ever need to be said on the subject....

Thanks for keeping the membership informed and helping us stay on track with the subject of the thread

Quote Originally Posted by Friedle View Post
    Hello Greg. I agree with your above assessment which as a long term Lifetime member does indeed concern me. OK, not as much as it used to since much of my efforts were either ignored or co-opted in a different direction by this organization. I am still not really connected to "social media" to the extent you have always been, but I wonder if this attitude demonstrated in this thread is also evidenced on Facebrick, Tweety, Instagraph and others. Is there a trend developing?

Friedle
    Michael,
    Yes, I've seen a lot of negative behaviors on our Facebook pages (and other areas) as well. It seems that bad behavior, negativism, attacking others over slight differences of opinion, and so on are now considered acceptable behavior by many. This is not altogether surprising to me given what I see aspiring on the larger national and world stage. However, I don't agree that is how we should treat each other. We can discuss and disagree respectfully, and perhaps in the process find that we have more common ground than differences.
    Greg Feeler
    Ambassador & amateur K-Bike collector, it seems
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

Quote Originally Posted by GREGFEELER View Post
    I've been "away" for a while, haunting other on-line bike resources and other physical gatherings of riders (non-denominational), and while there is always the odd complainer, for the large part I've found them to be far more pleasant, welcoming, and far less likely to pretzel damn'd near any topic into a rant. I honestly had to think about whether I wanted to come back to the MOA Forum. That old saw that BMW stands for Bitch, Moan, and Whine appears to have more truth to it than is good for us, me thinks.
    Crap, you should try the Facebook Group!

"It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden
    Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner
    1963 Dnepr

Michael,
    Yes, I've seen a lot of negative behaviors as well. It seems that bad behavior, negativism, attacking others over slight differences of opinion, and so on are now considered acceptable behavior.
    So true SIR.......I really thank you for pointing out just how SOME folks do.

I will never figure out how and why it is good for some but sure problems for others?????

Greg, sometimes ignoring is the best response.
    Kevin Huddy
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

Michael,
    Yes, I've seen a lot of negative behaviors on our Facebook pages (and other areas) as well. It seems that bad behavior, negativism, attacking others over slight differences of opinion, and so on are now considered acceptable behavior by many. This is not altogether surprising to me given what I see aspiring on the larger national and world stage. However, I don't agree that is how we should treat each other. We can discuss and disagree respectfully, and perhaps in the process find that we have more common ground than differences.
    Clubs are organization of people with similar interests. Some people love to sow discord. They are the ones that should leave and form their own club. They can't because they'd simply argue and complain to the point of collapse. Sad but true.

Urals are pretty cool, and theyre probably the closest thing to a BMW R71 that most of us will ever have access to. Its a nice picture, too. The colors are what make it special.

Too bad no one makes a more modern interpretation of other BMW classics. Id like to see a slightly modernized version of an R60, R27, 2002, and maybe even an Isetta!

Why not? LML still builds Vespa P-200s, and Royal Enfield still builds Bullets.
    -I just wanna ride on my motor sickle-

Quote Originally Posted by OldCamper View Post
    Urals are pretty cool, and theyre probably the closest thing to a BMW R71 that most of us will ever have access to. Its a nice picture, too. The colors are what make it special.

Too bad no one makes a more modern interpretation of other BMW classics. Id like to see a slightly modernized version of an R60, R27, 2002, and maybe even an Isetta!

Why not? LML still builds Vespa P-200s, and Royal Enfield still builds Bullets.
    I've had a bug for a sidecar for awhile now. After doing my research into adding one to one of my /5's I have come to the conclusion I would be better off buying a rig than trying to build one as a first timer who has never even ridden one at this point in time.

After a few months following various message boards, looking at ads of for sale hacks, etc, it is pretty clear the price of admission with a BMW boxer based tug is steep ... Ural is looking more and more attractive to me as an entry level starter hack.
    Chris - 2015 BMW RT / 1972 BMW R60/5 / 1973 BMW R75/5 / SCBMWRC
    There ain't nothing like a friend who can tell you're just pissin' in the wind.
    Neil Young

Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    Crap, you should try the Facebook Group!
    Oh, I see the MOA FB group all the time. Depressing.
    Greg Feeler
    Ambassador & amateur K-Bike collector, it seems
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

After a few months following various message boards, looking at ads of for sale hacks, etc, it is pretty clear the price of admission with a BMW boxer based tug is steep ... Ural is looking more and more attractive to me as an entry level starter hack.
    Might consider hanging out here for a while before you jump in. Pretty down to earth group, international membership, no dues, lots of insight on Ural and Dnepr. Black Market Forum for member-to-member sales. Several members in SoCal.

edit - one suggestion, buy "used".
    Lew Morris
    1963 Dnepr

Quote Originally Posted by lmo1131 View Post
    Might consider hanging out here for a while before you jump in. Pretty down to earth group, international membership, no dues, lots of insight on Ural and Dnepr. Black Market Forum for member-to-member sales. Several members in SoCal.

edit - one suggestion, buy "used".

Recently found and bookmarked that site, appreciate the good advice.
    Chris - 2015 BMW RT / 1972 BMW R60/5 / 1973 BMW R75/5 / SCBMWRC
    There ain't nothing like a friend who can tell you're just pissin' in the wind.
    Neil Young

appreciate the good advice.
    Well, you know what they say about the value of advice...

Keep in mind that lots of folks buy these rigs thinking it's going to be fun to haul the grand kids out for ice cream, etc. That gets old pretty quick and then there's another rig on the used market. If you want to check out machines and can make it up to Ventura, check out Mark's Custom Cycles for Urals. Call first.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with Mark's.

I ride an old Ural powered Dnepr, and do my own work so I have no personal experience with Mark's, but a couple of buddies have bought their bikes from him.

IMG_6488-850x650.jpg
    Lew Morris
    1963 Dnepr