Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Should we tell them... ?

Should we tell them... ?

"It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden
    Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner
    1963 Dnepr

Am kinda slow tonight...???......Does the mystery just deepen or do I get some help?....Thanks.....Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by DennisDarrow View Post
    Am kinda slow tonight...???......Does the mystery just deepen or do I get some help?....Thanks.....Dennis
    I think it is a Ural.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    I think it is a Ural.
    ahhhh that kinda makes sense; but now adays if it was a Honda Trail 90, it would be better than fine....In the NEW Motorcycle Owner's of America....Anything for those bucks......bring em in..

'99 '03 '06 National Co-Rally Chair Friedle's Avatar
    But the owner is probably planning on installing a BMW engine in the rig. Yeah, yeah that's our story and we are sticking to it.

Friedle
    Ride fast safely

Another victim of a Russian hack.
    Kevin Huddy
    Tm Pterodactyl's MT Outpost
    2017 R1200GSA & 2013 FJR

Back in the saddle again mikegalbicka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    Another victim of a Russian hack.
    Now that was funny.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    It says- "A sidehack riding the Silverado Trail in Napa Vally". Looks like a Member's picture.

I'm happy the rider isn't trying to outrun a fire

OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

from Planet Dirt

Not used to side cars but I have always liked them, even before I liked motorcycles. My all time favorite is the BMW R 75.
    Made originally ( of course ) by BMW for the German Army. This bike's technology for the year was amazing,.......at the point that the American Army wanted one and asked Harley Davidson to build one ...........but at the end the JEEP was the all terrain vehicle of choice and killed the potential development of an American Motorcycle with side car.
    I think the bike was designed and a few of them were tested, but as soon as the Army optioned for the Jeep, the project ended.
    ......if BMW re-designs and start selling R 75s again..........my wife will not have an excuse to ride with me anymore...........

.......enjoy the ride.......

Dan

ahhhh that kinda makes sense; but now adays if it was a Honda Trail 90, it would be better than fine....In the NEW Motorcycle Owner's of America....Anything for those bucks......bring em in..

Wow...all that bitterness from a picture of a motorcycle. Who would want to join a club with comments like that?
    Greg Feeler
    Ambassador & amateur K-Bike collector, it seems
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

Quote Originally Posted by GREGFEELER View Post
    Wow...all that bitterness from a picture of a motorcycle. Who would want to join a club with comments like that?
    Judging by the trend in membership numbers over the past few years.....not too many ! And I can think of a few other possible reasons.

Friedle
    Ride fast safely

Quote Originally Posted by Friedle View Post
    Judging by the trend in membership numbers over the past few years.....not too many ! And I can think of a few other possible reasons.

Friedle
    I've been "away" for a while, haunting other on-line bike resources and other physical gatherings of riders (non-denominational), and while there is always the odd complainer, for the large part I've found them to be far more pleasant, welcoming, and far less likely to pretzel damn'd near any topic into a rant. I honestly had to think about whether I wanted to come back to the MOA Forum. That old saw that BMW stands for Bitch, Moan, and Whine appears to have more truth to it than is good for us, me thinks.
    Greg Feeler

I've been "away" for a while, haunting other on-line bike resources and other physical gatherings of riders (non-denominational), and while there is always the odd complainer, for the large part I've found them to be far more pleasant, welcoming, and far less likely to pretzel damn'd near any topic into a rant. I honestly had to think about whether I wanted to come back to the MOA Forum. That old saw that BMW stands for Bitch, Moan, and Whine appears to have more truth to it than is good for us, me thinks.

Hello Greg. I agree with your above assessment which as a long term Lifetime member does indeed concern me. OK, not as much as it used to since much of my efforts were either ignored or co-opted in a different direction by this organization. I am still not really connected to "social media" to the extent you have always been, but I wonder if this attitude demonstrated in this thread is also evidenced on Facebrick, Tweety, Instagraph and others. Is there a trend developing?

Friedle
    Ride fast safely

I expect better than this from a GENTLEMAN......Twisting words of others to meet YOUR needs is what is bitter here.....RUDE
    Last edited by DennisDarrow; 08-14-2018 at 01:27 AM.

I expect better than this from a GENTLEMAN......Twisting words of others to meet YOUR needs is what is bitter here.....RUDE
    Dennis,
    You said, "...In the NEW Motorcycle Owner's of America....Anything for those bucks......bring em in.. ". That sounded bitter to me, and I'm of the opinion that negative comments about the club create a negative environment which doesn't encourage people to join, or stay members. I think people ride motorcycles to have fun, and they join clubs to have more fun. But, if the club isn't fun, why would they pay money to join - why would they hang around even if it was free?

This club faces a number of challenges, like just about all other clubs and special interest groups: significantly small percentage of motorcycle ridership in younger generations, competition from many other types of entertainment, a Millennial generation with very little money to spend on very expensive motorcycles - and the bias of many in the Baby Boomer generation against those Millennial's - as unfair and uninformed as it is. It's not clear if traditional membership clubs will survive this massive demographic and societal tsunami. But, it would make sense that people would come to where the fun is, and stay where they feel welcome.
    Greg Feeler