• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2017 BMW F700GS rattling sound front

fakhar

Hi Guys,
I am a rider from Pakistan, recently imported a brand new BMW F700GS from the US. There is some kind of rattling noise from the front side once I ride on uneven surface. Can someone guide for some tips as there are no BMW service centers in Pakistan. I am planning a ride to the Karakoram Highway over the highest mountain road 16000 ft altitude upto the China border and am worried whats wrong about the rattling sound. best regards Fakhar

Hi Guys,
I am a rider from Pakistan, recently imported a brand new BMW F700GS from the US. There is some kind of rattling noise from the front side once I ride on uneven surface. Can someone guide for some tips as there are no BMW service centers in Pakistan. I am planning a ride to the Karakoram Highway over the highest mountain road 16000 ft altitude upto the China border and am worried whats wrong about the rattling sound. best regards Fakhar

Welcome to the forum Fakhar!
This problem doesn't ring a bell with me. Sometimes when trying to diagnose a problem like this I ride past an area with a "solid" wall (even a Jersey Barrier) and listen for the echos.....and hope that helps.
Good luck......Sounds like quiet a nice ride coming up.
Gary

This post would be better recieved in the F Twins forum than here methinks.
F-Twins has been kinda slow, I'll leave it here for a bit and see if it draws a larger crowd.
:thumb
OM

Did you check for anything loose where you think the noise is coming from? Like fender, wire/cable under the false tank, headlight bolts loose.

Is it a more metallic noise or, something banging against plastic?

Did you add something to the bike that is not securely fastened like a splash/engine guard?

/Guenther

from Planet Dirt

Hi there:
When my bike was new I had the same problem and took me some time to find the source of the problem out. It can be anything but my problem was the front brake line runs very close to the place where the ( crappy ) horn is. Some times this brake line touches the horn creating the rattling noise. The solution to the problem was to wrap a piece of soft spongy material to the brake line at the point it passes the horn, long enough to avoid any contact, and fixing it with plastic ties _ zip ties_ .
I haven't had the need to change it again, but it takes a couple of minutes if I need to do it again and is a very simple and effective fix.
Good luck,,,,,,,and enjoy the ride.
Dan

I have used a rubber mallet "softly" to find rattles on many different things. That is why us older luddites still kick the wheels on a car. One time it was the vent on my helmet, but sounded like it was in front of me. Good luck in your search.

Back