• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Southwest Indiana New Member

wrastu

Hello all, 43+ yrs of riding, just bought my first BMW, an 2006 K120GT, pick it up Friday, little less than 34k on the clock.

I have ridden my buddies 2004 K1200GT, so I know it will be close to that, found a deal online at a dealer and took a chance and put money down.

I can wrench about anything that breaks, lot of bike work in my past.

Looking forward to "leaching" a lot of knowledge from you folks.

Stu

Screech....Full Stop

Well got the Cashiers Check for the bike and was headed home got a call from the dealer selling it stating it had a brake warning light on and they couldn't sell it until it went to a BMW dealer. I should be getting my down payment credited back.

I think the boss seen the deal they cut or someone walked in the showroom and offered up the original pre-negotiation price and they jumped on it. I got them down about 15%.

So I spent more and bought a used K1600 instead. Their loss, my gain.

With some luck I should be able to pick up the ICBB (Intercontinental Ballistic Bagger) on Thursday or Friday.

Stu

Picked up the K1600GT today...........all these years I been missing out on this bike....wasted years.

Absolutely the best bike I have ever ridden in all aspects..WOW

Well Howdy fellow hoosier.
I too am new to the moa.
I am from Lawrenceburg in far southeast IN
I ride an R1100s, and am restoring a '77 R75/7
Maybe we can meet up in central IN sometime and cruise around.
Great riding!

Also a Stu..art

02 R1100S no dirt
07 KLR650 some dirt
03 DRZ 250 all dirt
77 R75/7 Still in the box

The Indy BMW club meets for breakfast most Saturdays at Shapiro’s Deli in downtown Indianapolis. That would be a good starting place for a meetup/ride.
I’ve only made one, but hope to make this next one.

Yer killin me. I need one.

I will have to buy all new custom made extra long sleeve shirts now, if you hang on tight you will stretch your arms, today I left the house at 1pm did a warp down the road and got back home at 12:55pm. :bolt

Well Howdy fellow hoosier.
I too am new to the moa.
I am from Lawrenceburg in far southeast IN
I ride an R1100s, and am restoring a '77 R75/7
Maybe we can meet up in central IN sometime and cruise around.
Great riding!

Also a Stu..art

02 R1100S no dirt
07 KLR650 some dirt
03 DRZ 250 all dirt
77 R75/7 Still in the box

WOW, you get any further east you will be in Ohio.

I am a Stewart, but have used Stu as I am not food.

Getting together with some fellow BMW riders sounds cool.

I am taking a friend down to Louisville Saturday, he rode mine after I got it home, then called down and bought the used one he looked at when he took me down to pick up mine on Wednesday.

Another friend rode mine today, he is gonna sell his dyna and get one also, he fell in love after a 10 minute ride.

I think I may be able to start a BMW club around here if this keeps going?

Maybe the dealer and BMW need to gimme a little scratch if I keep selling their bike for them?

Stu

The Indy BMW club meets for breakfast most Saturdays at Shapiro’s Deli in downtown Indianapolis. That would be a good starting place for a meetup/ride.
I’ve only made one, but hope to make this next one.

Do they have a list of dates and times posted somewhere? It is a 3hour ride for me to downtown Indy, that works out though with the fella ride with alot, about 3 hours and we are ready to eat. Maybe we could make it up that way some Saturday.

Stu

”Coffee and Conversation At Shapiro’s Delicatessen

Members start gathering every Saturday morning around 8:30 at Shapiro’s Delicatessen, 808 S Meridian St. Indianapolis IN. Everyone is welcome.”

From here:
http://bmwmcindy.org

Back