Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: New Member/New Rider

  1. #1

    New Member/New Rider

    I have just joined... I am a brand new rider and about to take possession of a G310GS (as soon as it arrives!). I recently was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma and realized I might be running out of time for some adventure. I was a military pilot in my younger years and I am hoping that my motorcycle gives me back a little of that sense of flying.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by evanjones View Post
    I have just joined... I am a brand new rider and about to take possession of a G310GS (as soon as it arrives!). I recently was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma and realized I might be running out of time for some adventure. I was a military pilot in my younger years and I am hoping that my motorcycle gives me back a little of that sense of flying.
    You picked a great little bike. We love ours.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    You picked a great little bike. We love ours.
    Glad to hear!!! I can't wait.

  4. #4
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mansfield,MA
    Posts
    13,093
    Welcome to the forum!
    We have a pretty nice G310 thread running in the Thumper Forum.
    Thanks for your service.
    Gary
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

  5. #5
    Debbie's Servant Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    5,171
    Welcome to the forum Navy.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

  6. #6
    skibum69 skibum69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    New Melbourne
    Posts
    293
    Jenny Morgan has a really good ride report about long distance and offroad on her 310GS on ADVrider.com, go look for it.
    http://beerthief.ca
    ITSteve: ride in peace my friend
    save $5 on a new SmugMug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk

  7. #7
    Rock Chalk ...

    We used to live at Lawrence.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    Welcome to the forum!
    We have a pretty nice G310 thread running in the Thumper Forum.
    Thanks for your service.
    Gary
    Thanks!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by skibum69 View Post
    Jenny Morgan has a really good ride report about long distance and offroad on her 310GS on ADVrider.com, go look for it.
    Just looked it over... very informative. Thanks for the lead.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Welcome to the forum Navy.
    Glad to have found it!

Similar Threads

  1. New rider and new member from RI
    By coachz in forum New Members
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-22-2016, 11:51 PM
  2. Old Rider New Member
    By cehlbeck in forum New Members
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-30-2011, 12:21 AM
  3. New Member....old rider
    By lewster in forum New Members
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-24-2009, 09:15 PM
  4. New member, older rider
    By Sagewind1951 in forum New Members
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-24-2009, 09:11 PM
  5. New member, rider
    By fathergraywolf in forum New Members
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-11-2009, 02:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •