• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Pancreatic Cancer; riding after Whipple

in2deep

Hello. Just received a diagnosis of Pancreatic Cancer. This was caught early, and I'm a candidate for what is known as a Whipple surgery. This is a needle in haystack long-shot, but wondering if any BMW rider brothers or sisters on this forum have gone through this surgery, and how it has (or has not) impacted your riding in the long-term (yes, there will be a long-term. I'm not going anywhere).

Thanks for any insight.

David

A brother-in-law had the whipple surgery 5 years ago when he was diagnosed at stage 2. Today he is riding his Soft Tail Classic or Electra Glide on a weekly basis with no side effects from the surgery. He was in his late 50's when the operation took place and the recovery time was 2-4 months if remember correctly. As stated already, your mental outlook plays a large part. Family and support group are important. The side effects of my 6 months of chemo for hodgkins lymphoma, in the mid-80's, was lessened by loving family and friends. Hope this is helpful information. If it's okay, will place you in our church's prayer requests. Take care.

Back