Thread: Hello everyone - 2004 R1150RT in New York

Hello everyone - 2004 R1150RT in New York

Hi all, my name is Dave, I'm from downstate New York and new to BMW ownership, having just taken delivery of a 2004 R1150RT - I've only put about 100 miles on her so far. I've wanted a BMW as long as I can remember, and a combination of circumstances made this the right bike at the right time. My riding has been limited the last few years, so I'm something of a re-entry rider, and seeing this bike got me excited about riding again.

I've been riding on the street for over 20 years, my first bike was a 1993 Honda Nighthawk 750 purchased in 1994 from AMOL Motorcycles in New Jersey - they were a BMW (and Ducati, I believe) dealer at the time, and I remember lusting after the bikes the had on display, but at the time the Nighthawk was the right bike for me, financially and experience wise (I'd ridden dirt bikes a little bit, and had a moped when I was a teenager). In 2000, I bought a 1999 Honda Superhawk, which is still a fun sportbike, although my age and weight gain has limited my time on it recently. I still have both of those bikes, although I'm likely going to sell at least one of them now that I have the RT.

I'm happy to be part of the forum here, I was a member of a Superhawk forum for years that helped me with many issues unique to that bike, and hope to learn a lot from the experiences of members here!

Cheers to all,

Dave

Welcome to the forum, Dave! The R1150RT is a good one to start on!!
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!