• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R69S slinger service western Illinois

maxx

Hello, I have a 68 R69S that has sat for a number of years. I would like the slingers cleaned an am looking for recommendations on something within a days drive.
Looking at some older threads I saw a reference to Endeavor Cycles by St Louis, but would like to hear more.
Thanks

maxx -

There aren't really that many people who can do this kind of work. The reference to Endeaver Forever was probably by me...I had Dave Clark do them on my R69S. Vech at Bench Mark Works in Mississippi is not doing whole motorcycle restorations anymore, but if you're willing to ship them to motor, they could do the work. There is also Scottie Sharpe...I believe he is on the west coast, northern area. I'm thinking that Max BMW on the east coast can do it or else farm it out to someone they use.

There might be other options, but those are the few that crop up in my mind for now. You could look at this list for places near you and check out if they do /2 work, then give them a call. Maybe they would have some recommendations.

http://micapeak.com/bmw/Airhead-Shops.html

Back