• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R1100RT R1150RT wind screens wind shields

oldcarman

I'm looking at replacing the stock shield on my R1100RT with the National Cycle VStream to reduce turbulence and noise. I also have a 1985 K100RT with a Parabellum shield that is much less turbulent than the stock shield on the R1100RT. I'm on the short side, 5'6" and ride mostly 50 - 70mph. I looked at much of the older threads on shields but didn't see much new discussion. What are your thoughts? Thanks.

I have the Vstream on my R1150RT and I think it’s great! Well made, reduces turbulence and looks great too! I highly recommend it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree

I loved my VStream on my R1150RT and i'm the same height as you.

I have the Vstream on my R1150RT and I think it’s great! Well made, reduces turbulence and looks great too! I highly recommend it.

I loved my VStream on my R1150RT and i'm the same height as you.

+1 on my height but with a VStream on a R1100RT.

A friend's wife prefers the Parabellum as she receives less turbulence as a passenger and he has tried several windscreens.

Well all this chatting about how great it is to ride with the Vstream has me thinking...its time to get moving and go for ride.

Talk to you later Gents. [emoji4]

I got my new VStream and it installed nicely. Sitting the two on top of each other they are very similar in height and width. The VStream looks great with its different contours. For my height, 5'6", I didn't notice any significant improvement in reducing turbulence at the top of the helmet or shoulders. Without looking at them, I thought they were the same. Both are good, so I returned it, and am still looking. It looks like the Parabellum is slightly wider at the top. I sent them a email asking for dimensions. jim

Back