Thread: K1300 headlight adjustment fail

K1300 headlight adjustment fail

Greetings everyone!

From the “I can’t leave well enough alone” department. I was adjusting the height of the headlight and adjusted the hex nut too far out. The reflector sprung upwards and now I light up the night sky and not the road. Has anyone made a similar boneheaded move and if so, how did you fix it. In my limited thinking, it would seem that removing a bulb and pressing the reflector downward while trying to re-engage the hex nut in the threads should theoretically solve the issue however, I am not familiar with the inner engineering of the reflector assembly. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. Thanks to all in advance.

Welcome to the Forum
    Assuming from

Yeah, that stuff happens more than admitted. Is it a GT or an S? Xenon or standard H7 bulbs? Shouldn't be a big difference in adjuster if any.
    The Wedge K sub forum may find an answer for you and I'll move it soon to help out if no one chimes in
    The headlight is a modular unit and no breakdown in the parts fiche. Believe it is a ball/socket inside the reflector and you popped that off.Your plan should work, just may have to do more removal to get a clear shot

I have a hunch you will need to get the unit out to get that part to snap back in place thru the lamp covers
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum!
    Along with what Steve mentioned, good to be careful in touching the bulb......oils in the skin and all.
    Gary
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

The threads are in a toggle barrel and you will probably need to take off whatever needs to come off to actually get your fingers on the barrel. There is also probably a spring involved that pushes forward away from the knob. Getting the rod through the spring and then properly engaged in the threads is the tricky part.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/