Thread: Idle Surging/Hunting '95 K75

Idle Surging/Hunting '95 K75

What's the remedy/adjustment for idle "hunting" or "surging" up and down. Only on idle and raising the idle does help a little but it is not the solution. Idle is 1000-1100 rpm's +-.

It's been going on for a while and ignored.

The throttle bodies have been balanced. The valves have be adjusted. Air filter is clean.

Charlie

3 Red Bricks
    Charlie,

First thing I'd look for is a vacuum leak. Crankcase vent hose, tank vent at top of block under fan, throttle body vacuum caps, throttle body manifolds, oil fill cap, 2" diameter hose between air filter box and intake plenum.

LONG MAY YOUR BRICK FLY!

Ride Safe, Ride Far, Ride Often

Lee Fulton Forum Moderator
    3 Marakesh Red K75Ss
    Mine, Hers, Spare

All good suggestions Lee.

Wasn't the block tank vent supposed to be blocked off ? Or was capped off on the later models ?
    I may have done it to this bike, but can't remember. If I did, it could be the cap that was used to cap it and it is leaking.

Bout time for intake manifolds. The 2" plenum hose clamp, for me, is as frustrating as it comes sometimes.

And a prayer for a box of crankcase (Z hose ?) breather tubes to fall out of the sky into my front yard would be a nice thing. 8 out of 10 times I remember to check, they are split.

Thanks Lee

Good suggestions thus far, what I’d start with is a visit to NAPA for a can of BG44 injector cleaner then dose the bike per instructions. Yes, it is expensive and yes, it works better than its competitors and is worth the $$. Added to that would be a fresh set of NGK sparkplugs—I’ve given up on Bosch due to their QC issues.

Is the blue paint still in place on the throttle plate screws on the injector bodies?

Best,
    DG
    DGerber
    1983 R80ST — 1984 R80 G/S PD — 1993 R100GS — 2004 K1200GT w/Hannigan S/C — 2010 K1300GT
    BMWMOA#52184, AMA#271542, IBA#138

I used the proper amount of Techtron before the latest 3,200 mi ride. Not sure if that's considered an injector cleaner or not. New NGK plugs too. Old plugs looked ok. MPG are not what they were in the old days. 40mpg and below, loaded and 2 up at Interstate speeds.

I'm not sure what throttle plate screws on the injector bodies (w/ paint) are. The only screws that were ever moved are the 3 that are used to balance the throttle bodies. (At low and higher RPM's). I think they are the same ones you are referring to. May have used "White Out" after adjustment.

Hope it's an air leak and not the throttle body intake sleeves. Just for time sake. Well parts too.

And in all honesty, it's been surging for a while too.

Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by 98lee View Post
    Charlie,

First thing I'd look for is a vacuum leak. Crankcase vent hose, tank vent at top of block under fan, throttle body vacuum caps, throttle body manifolds, oil fill cap, 2" diameter hose between air filter box and intake plenum.

+1
    there is a vacuum leak in the intake system somewhere. start with the Z hose. ya gotta actually take it off to inspect it.
    Marshall
    92 K75s
    94 K75s
    09 K1300s