• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Better mileage on 2018 C650GT

bobfately

Having been riding C650GTs for about 4 years now, starting withe a 2013 model and having gone through two other units, I replaced my 2016 (itself purchased on trade-in of the 2014 that I put 55K miles on) that was totaled in a crash (nobody hurt) with a 2018 model (apparently BMW never imported the 2017 year to the states).

Anyway, I've always kept meticulous records of gas mileage, and I have found that this 2018 model is consistently getting 10% or more better mileage than the earlier models did. Same driving habits, and no change in my location for the past couple of years - it seems BMW changed something but I'm not sure what.

My guess is they altered the power curve of the motor to improve fuel consumption, as I do sense that the acceleration is not quite as snapy and for the life of me I can't get it over 102MPH (I used to hit 110MPH on the earlier models). Not that those features mean much - I like this setup better...if I keep it to 65MPH or lower I'm getting 59-60MPG.

Just wondering if anyone else is seeing this? Or for that matter if anyone else is on the forum...

On my 2013 I have about 35000 miles and I have been getting consistently 22-25 km per liter which I believe is 60-65 miles a gallon
.if I keep it to 65MPH or lower I'm getting 59-60MPG.

Just wondering if anyone else is seeing this? Or for that matter if anyone else is on the forum...

There aren't many of us on this sub-section of the forum, it would seem. But I guess that is understandable since BMW must have less than 1% or the scooter market.

I pick up my used 2018 C650GT tomorrow morning from the local dealership. It has 4K miles. I'm getting excited now . . .

New to you C650GT

There aren't many of us on this sub-section of the forum, it would seem. But I guess that is understandable since BMW must have less than 1% or the scooter market.

I pick up my used 2018 C650GT tomorrow morning from the local dealership. It has 4K miles. I'm getting excited now . . .

We'll need to see pictures!

Back