• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Thanks for making Glenlivet's first rally so special!

glenfiddich

TravelsWithBarley.com
I'd intended to ride again with fully trained Tulliver this year, but at 9 years old on a hot and muggy morning at home he announced his sudden retirement with a sullen "No mas!" look. That's how the not-quite-fully-trained two year old Glenlivet got his shot at Iowa.

Though a work in progress, Glenlivet made enormous strides over the last 18 days on the road. Using the lessons learned over 55,000 miles of adventures with the Late Great Barley, coupled with plenty of patience and reassurance, the little guy faced and overcame many situations that we simply don't experience in our very rural part of Vermont. The loud clangs of ice and soda machines, the Evil Inflatable Michelin Man, big trucks with Jake brakes, and crowds ten times larger than the population of our little town.

We still have a few things to work on - ignoring the presence of other dogs when he's working, not marking on motorcycle tires (though he at least had the grace to mark only non-BMW bikes) - but he has come a long way and I'm very proud of the confidence he gained on this 4000 mile inaugural trip. I wish we could have attended the closing ceremony, but in all the excitement he was exhausted by 3pm so I let him sleep.

Thanks to all who greeted him, who kept their distance when they saw us working through an issue, and especially to that incredibly engaged audience in our seminar on sidecar travel with furry co-pilots!

Pete and Glenlivet

31.jpg

Attachments

• 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 244
its always so hard to stay away from your beautiful goldens

Peter. They are so well trained and so personable.

I'm glad that Gilly and you (;-) had a successful first trip.

no, thank you

I was not having a good day due to the spring clip that holds the H7 deciding to hide from me. It was nice to meet you and Glenlivit.

I think about how rich your dogs life is, and how lucky you both are to share travels.

Safe travels.

Rod

Back