• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Anyone Else Seeing These?

akbeemer

SURVIVOR
We went on a 700 mile ride in central Montana and passed six of these. We also saw one Google Maps car, which is not unusual. This one was at a gas station. Two twenty something were in it. I asked if I could look inside and the young woman standing beside it was adamant in saying no... not even thru the glass. She became more aggravated when Annie asked her not to light the cigar she was holding ten feet from where Annie was refueling.

It appears Apple is planning to take on Google in the map database arena.

F283_B438-61_D8-4_CA5-_B758-1_ACF89198_EE2.jpg

I watched them map my street recently.

Apple gave an extensive interview in June about their mapping plans, including a description of some of the hardware in the vans. You can read the details here.

Cheers, Ken

Google was in the Twin Cities this spring. The Apple van in the picture looks familiar. I saw something like it recently but could not read the markings.

Yep, I saw one a month ago while I was walking the dog. I'm looking forward to being part of the local landscape when they publish the maps.

haven't seen them yet......

but I wonder if Apple will get the rights to go onto the Reservations.

That'll be interesting.

haven't seen them yet......

but I wonder if Apple will get the rights to go onto the Reservations.

That'll be interesting.

No rights are needed for any public highway or roadway, that’s only an issue if they want to map non-public roads. And, they can fill in those blanks via satellite photos and data—just won’t have the ground-level views available. Google/Navteq have done the same for many areas.

Best,
DG

No rights are needed for any public highway or roadway, that’s only an issue if they want to map non-public roads. And, they can fill in those blanks via satellite photos and data—just won’t have the ground-level views available. Google/Navteq have done the same for many areas.

Best,
DG

Actually, on the various reservations, (especially the pueblos) the local tribal Gov. can shut down the cars and on many in NM they have.

Thats why i am interested.

There are many state and Fed. roads that run through the tribal areas, and there has been issue with them.

Back