• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hotel options for MOA Rally 2019

We're at La Quinta. Econolodge shows booked on the web site. I didn't call. :dance

When I looked again this morning it was full.

I spent a whole 5 minutes looking for a motel yesterday. When I saw the Econo Lodge was close to the rally and had two Mexican restaurants within walking distance I hit reserve :)

I'm surprised all the motels at that exit are not full.

I've got four rooms booked at the Days Inn on Cumberland St., for our club members who will be attending from Nova Scotia.

Glenfiddich, Lee, CABNFVR, etc., there seems to be a good number of us staying in that small triangle, Days Inn, La Quinta, and the Econo Lodge. We should look at a get-together, perhaps for dinner at Los Compadres, if it's a good restaurant.

We can have a parking lot mini rally :)

Last edited:
Short Version Snake Story

Not yet.

Charlie
Do not remember which of the ladies from the Lebanon Fair Assn I was talking to nor how subject came up, but I remember the story. Dog barking at front door she opened front door and the copperhead the dog was barking at quickly slithers in and into hall closet ( her words .. copperheads can move very quickly) nonplussed she shut closet door behind snake. Thinking a bit she got her vacuum sweeper ( brand new vacuum sweeper) opened door and when snake stuck his or her little head up, slurp up it goes into the sweeper. When I asked what she did next she said she took sweeper outside left it for her husband who was not at home at the time. I asked if she got a new sweeper, ( because I was thinking 12 gauge ) she said no husband just dumped snake out and properly disposed of it. She said if it had been outside no problem ( again I am thinking 12 gauge) just take a shovel or hoe and remove it’s head.
So I guess next year in my camping equipment I will have a shovel or trenching tool with me.

I've got four rooms booked at the Days Inn on Cumberland St., for our club members who will be attending from Nova Scotia.

Glenfiddich, Lee, CABNFVR, etc., there seems to be a good number of us staying in that small triangle, Days Inn, La Quinta, and the Econo Lodge. We should look at a get-together, perhaps for dinner at Los Compadres, if it's a good restaurant.

Even a bad restaurant can be fun in the presence of friends...and margaritas.

Motel rooms

You can also fine lodging in Gallatin and Mt. Juliet on I-40 ten to fifteen minutes to the west towards Nashville. To the east on I-40 there is a days inn at the Carthage exit ,about a fifteen minute drive. Also to the east on I-40 is Cookeville with numerous motels and restaurants. It's a 45 minute drive to rally. From Carthage and Cookeville you can ride pretty back roads to the rally. Cookeville is also in the heart of great riding roads. Cookeville is a 2 and half hour ride to Telico Plains and the Cherohala skyway if you would like to take a ride to the mountains. Hope this helps. Scott. PS I live in Cookeville

We can have a parking lot mini rally :)
Sounds good to me Lee.

:thumb ^^ Lee... parking lot mini-rallie... if Beemers had tailgates...
Well Reese, I may be there on a Harley Electra Glide or Street Glide. They might just have a tailgate option. ;-)

I have to be in Vancouver, BC just 2-days after the Rally. Working on riding to the Rally, leaving my bike at the Nashville Airport and taking a return flight to Vancouver, BC for the week, then fly back and ride home, but that looks like it will take way too much time out of my schedule (still not retired). Current, most likely plan is to fly into Nashville early, rent a bike and ride to the BMW Performance Centre to do a 2-Day Advanced Riding Course, head back to the Rally and attend it, then fly to Vancouver attend the conference and fly back to Nova Scotia. that would be more expensive but 1-week shorter at 3-weeks.

Even a bad restaurant can be fun in the presence of friends...and margaritas.
Agree 100%.

You can also fine lodging in Gallatin and Mt. Juliet on I-40 ten to fifteen minutes to the west towards Nashville. To the east on I-40 there is a days inn at the Carthage exit ,about a fifteen minute drive. Also to the east on I-40 is Cookeville with numerous motels and restaurants. It's a 45 minute drive to rally. From Carthage and Cookeville you can ride pretty back roads to the rally. Cookeville is also in the heart of great riding roads. Cookeville is a 2 and half hour ride to Telico Plains and the Cherohala skyway if you would like to take a ride to the mountains. Hope this helps. Scott. PS I live in Cookeville
Scott, I've looked at the Cherohala Skyway as being a strong possible inclusion in my planned ride from Nashville to the BMW Performance Centre in SC prior to the Rally.

Definitely love the roads through there, I've been North-South a few times but never East-West.

Sound like the motels are not gouging the public. (Though it’s still early)

Kinda gives you a good attitude about the rest of the community.
And I fully expect the locals to be about as truly friendly and hospitable as it gets.

Hope I can still make it. It’s a good ways off still. Who knows what “Going Forward” will bring.

Charlie

Do not remember which of the ladies from the Lebanon Fair Assn I was talking to nor how subject came up, but I remember the story. Dog barking at front door she opened front door and the copperhead the dog was barking at quickly slithers in and into hall closet ( her words .. copperheads can move very quickly) nonplussed she shut closet door behind snake. Thinking a bit she got her vacuum sweeper ( brand new vacuum sweeper) opened door and when snake stuck his or her little head up, slurp up it goes into the sweeper. When I asked what she did next she said she took sweeper outside left it for her husband who was not at home at the time. I asked if she got a new sweeper, ( because I was thinking 12 gauge ) she said no husband just dumped snake out and properly disposed of it. She said if it had been outside no problem ( again I am thinking 12 gauge) just take a shovel or hoe and remove it’s head.
So I guess next year in my camping equipment I will have a shovel or trenching tool with me.

Though poisonous, Copperheads are pretty mellow. While on active duty I found myself sharing turf with them several times. We'd just use our rifle barrels to scoop them up and relocate them. Water Moccasins on the other hand were aggressive and just bad news. They were the hornets of the reptile world, and I remember many a combat-hardened Marine fleeing in abject terror as a hissing moccasin chased him through the forest!

When there isn't availability of reasonably priced accommodations, many will stay home.
And when you combine that with lack-luster vendor participation, my guess is that this rally will be one of the least attended.

Joe

I bet you get invited to a LOT of parties where you live..................

I'm sure many of us already know that Bonnaroo is in Manchester, Tn the same weekend as the rally.

For those that aren't familiar with Bonnaroo, it's one of the largest music festivals in America. Typically the festival exceeds 80,000 attendees. Manchester is about 60 miles south of Lebanon.

https://www.bonnaroo.com/

So if you plan to stay in a hotel...book early. Some of the newer hotels are already fully booked.

Mike

The Bonnaroo crowd normally camps on-site. I'm sure there's some who will book rooms, but probably not too many outside of the Manchester/Tullahoma area, IMO.

There's plenty of options in Mt. Juliet, about 7-8 miles from Lebanon. Another good option is Gallatin, about 10 miles or so up Hwy 109 from Lebanon.

In short, there's no worry about finding a nominally priced room, IMO. All it takes is a wee bit of computer time.

My .o2

In TN, it is ILLEGAL to kill venomous snakes. Yes, I crap thee not.

Now, does it happen? You betcha. But don't let a Wildlife Officer catch ya doing it. :nono

Laura and I are booked for hotel stay in E. Nashville/ Lebanon; she stated that there were only 3 rooms left at the time of booking (last Friday.) Looking forward to our first rally. It took a brand new RT to motivate us to travel, so here we go. Cheers!

Laura and I are booked for hotel stay in E. Nashville/ Lebanon; she stated that there were only 3 rooms left at the time of booking (last Friday.) Looking forward to our first rally. It took a brand new RT to motivate us to travel, so here we go. Cheers!

Cheers yourself mate, good for you two. See you there.

My daughter and I will be taking our 8th annual Dad-Daughter moto vacation and this year we will be going to the rally. We are staying in Nashville at Hutton House (a little “fanciness” never hurts). In addition to going to the rally we will do some of the Natchez Trace, land between the lakes and then spend a few days in Robbinsville and revisit the Cherohala, Dragon, 6 gaps of Ga, etc then onto Wyethevile, Va some riding around there and back home to central NY. We are looking forward to it. If you see a black B GA and a Triumph T120 black give a wave.

Like the OP, I'm not one for sleeping on the ground so I'm staying at the Holiday Inn Express Friday and Saturday night (made the reservations the same day they announced the rally date and location).

This will be my first rally ever. Does anyone know if there will be vendors selling their wares? My ride is in need of some serious farkling and it'll be time for tires by then for sure. What does one do for two days at one of these rallies?

Oh My... your in for a PLEASANT surprise! ... like a "kid in the candy-store" feeling. You have a little MOA National "homework" to accomplish. (U-tube or whatever)

Back