• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Stolen Bikes Near the Rally

SLCwas the only rally where I did not feel comfortable outside the rally grounds, out of seven past rallies. And it was surprising to me how much the area there had gone down as be spent many weeks skiing the great mountains just a half hour or so away from the airport. Spent many evenings walking around town looking at Christmas lights and such , many times with my son in tow, as it was always our father and son outing. Shame to see an area go down so low.

SLCwas the only rally where I did not feel comfortable outside the rally grounds, out of seven past rallies. And it was surprising to me how much the area there had gone down as be spent many weeks skiing the great mountains just a half hour or so away from the airport. Spent many evenings walking around town looking at Christmas lights and such , many times with my son in tow, as it was always our father and son outing. Shame to see an area go down so low.

Salt Lake has been like that for quite a while, if you come during the winter, you see way fewer displaced people. SLC also has some of the highest crime rates in the US for property and motor vehicle theft. I have relatives who lived there until last year when they just gave up and moved their business to Oregon. The mountain areas around SLC are very safe in my experience. I have a friend who worked in the content delivery business, what is that you ask, it is the caching mechanism that provides efficient delivery of large files, video, and audio on the internet. Even this site could go through a content delivery network (CDN). Anyhow, according to their statistics SLC was the highest ranked by consumer downloads of adult content in the US.. On the plus side, I actually like the street numbering scheme there once I got used to it.

There is no such thing as “those neighborhoods”. Contrary to the shocked faces on the nightly news saying “that sort of thing doesn’t happen here”...it does happen anywhere and everywhere.

Sharing a beer or a meal with a deputy from even the most rural area and asking about his or her week can be an enlightening experience for some.

Truth! Many of the more well heeled towns around where I live (greater Boston area) intentionally do not report most crimes. It affects property values! Luckily I have law enforcement friends who give me the straight dope.

I've been following this thread from the beginning and have come to a decision as to what I will do at a National Rally with my bike if I should ever motel during the week rather than tent. If my motel should be within walking distance of the fairgrounds and since I seldom ever ride during a rally, I will simply park my bike on the rally grounds. I've never heard of a bike being stolen from a rally. Of course with either of my two old, high mileage bikes, that might not be a concern.

Truth! Many of the more well heeled towns around where I live (greater Boston area) intentionally do not report most crimes. It affects property values! Luckily I have law enforcement friends who give me the straight dope.

I love it when LEOs admit to falsifying official government records - a felony in most states.:banghead

Back