• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Attendance 4,580

We had an absolute great time.

The rally site was spectacularly awesome, if a little too spread out. But I pulled a registration duty on Friday morning and had many ask me about shady camping. I said if you can't find a shady spot to camp you aren't trying. Airhead central was, as usual the place to be but I'm biased. :) Yes, it was hot. As a nothern New Englander, I was happy I didn't have to shovel!! We still found comfortable spaces and places and the music venue was 100% top notch and a perfect place to set up the Kermit and enjoy a drink and a cigar and listen to some tunes. We found some great riding on Saturday and those who complain that Iowa is flat and corn obviously get their data from the internet where everything is true. :)

Mid westerner's again distinguished themselves as a breed apart. Kind, generous, friendly.

We're so happy we went. The friends we made, the sights we saw. It was great.

We did venture to Tennessee after the rally and did Memphis and Nashville. We also rode some roads around Lebanon. If you go next year, you won't be sorry. Trust me.

I wish the June dates worked with our schedules but they don't. At least until 2022 when the rally will be in the eastern zone and I'll hopefully be able to take time off in June. My wife is a teacher sooooo......

4580 in attendance. If you didn't go, you missed a great time.

A great Rally

What a great rally was Des Moines. The cooling areas. (Exhibition hall & Beer Garden) were large & cool. Wifi at both locations was a real plus. The walk between these venues balanced nicely with the heat so as to make arrival just in time before the heat got oppressive. We had little to no wait at the showers (a usual gripe of mine) the entertainment was very good as well. The beer selection by Mr Maddog was outstanding.
The closing Ceremonies were pleasant & entertaining. We were tardy picking up some batteries from the charging station. Several MOA officials made considerable effort helping us locate them, Thanks!

Bloomsburg was as Paul G. Said. A tired worn out place. Trying to cool oneself in the buildings was a waste of time since they weren’t cool at all. I found camping space to be minimal at best.

Don’t forget after baking in the grandstand, flame throwing cars were provided as “entertainment” before what seemed to be too many long winded speeches. Since that time the closing ceremonies have been turned into a fast paced well planned positive bit of entertainment.

Last edited:
Back