• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Vibration at high speed/rpms in '90 K75S

Vibration (very likely) solved

Yup, monkey nuts. And the alternator cup (clutch housing on parts fiche) had all three vanes broken off. And the driving dog on the back of the engine had two vanes broken off. All were still in the cup and apparently jammed up enough to keep the alternator turning during my 2200 mile ride home from AZ. Dodged a bullet.

$15 for a used driving dog and $17 for a set of new monkey nuts from fleabay. Had been given an alternator from someone cleaning out their old parts stash - that has a perfect cup still installed. Should have it back together soon but won't be able to test for a few months (doG, I hate winter).

Will post pics soon. They're kind of ugly.

Vibration over 70mph '92 K75 Standard

Funny, I was searching for some solutions/logic to resolve this issue with my '92 K75 Standard and found this thread. :)

Two things I picked up from this:
Confirmation that the K75 should be smooth through all speeds

That my initial theories of out of balance tires or out of round rims is the place to start........plus bearings......the bike has 125K miles on it, and has been "dropped" a couple of times IIRC.

Bill Yarian
Indy

Bill,

Yep, wheels and tires first. My method of troubleshooting is usually check the easiest and cheapest things first. They are usually also the most common issues.

Let us know what you find with regard to the tires and wheels.

:dance:dance:dance

Back