Thread: 2015 K1600GT Sport streaming audio to headset

2015 K1600GT Sport streaming audio to headset

I bought a used 2015 K1600 this spring from a private owner and canít get music from satellite or fm to play on my headset. Nav 5 with latest firmware, Cardo Scala Rider with latest firmware. Iím paired to bike and gps, I do hear gps directions, just unable to hear music. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any input!

Here's a comment I made on another thread regarding a similar situation but with a Sena headset. Maybe this will help. In short, I found I had to clear all pairings, and establish the BMW audio as the primary phone connection in order to listen to the BMW audio, and for the devices to toggle automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by desmoderek View Post
    I have a Nav V and a Sena 10U in my Schuberth. I have not been able to stream music from the bike to my headset because my headset will not pair with the bike for some reason. On my GS with no bike based Bluetooth all I had to do was
    1. pair the Nav 5 to the headset as phone 1,
    2. pair the phone to the Nav 5,
    3. pair the phone to the headset as secondary phone
    and I could
    1. get directions to headset from the Nav 5
    2. stream music from the Nav 5 to the headset
    3. stream music from the phone to the headset
    Life was wonderful

Now with this 2013 GT that configuration will not work as it tells me to use the bikes radio.
    So, I unpaired everything.
    The headset will not pair to the GT's BT at all, even after a factory reset, but it will pair to the Nav 5 and I can use the media player in the cradle.
    There's no symbol in the media player showing the connection type.
    The GT's aux and a stick in the USB play through the speakers and a little BT icon appears with a flashing dot next to it - what does this mean?

Does anyone have knowledge of what could be the BT - Sena problem?
    The headset and Nav 5 are all latest firmware.

P.S. The bike came with no manual and I haven't found a working link to downlaod one at yet...
    Follow-up to my comment above:-

I have the following devices:-

K1600GT
    Nav 5.
    Sena 10U.
    iPhone 6 Plus.

I've been trying to find a seamless way to switch between the BMW audio system and my iPhone music apps (Apple or my current go-to, Pandora) while I'm wearing my Schuberth and integrated Sena 10U while using the Nav 5 for calls and directions (- I've still not found a way to use the Media Player on the Nav 5 at all.)
    There does not seem to be a way to do this without some intervention on the iPhone, I'll explain further down.
    This is the configuration I'm using - remember the 10U connection options may be different from your unit, it is different from my SMH10R, for instance.

Establish connections in the following order after having erased all previous connections between the devices.
    1. BMW Audio Headset 1 to Sena Phone pairing. Wait for the Sena to confirm connection, it takes a while.
    2. Nav 5 to Sena 10U as second phone connection.
    3. Nav 5 to iPhone.
    4. iPhone to Sena 10U as Selective Audio Pairing.

This set-up gives the BMW audio system priority when starting the bike and getting ready to ride. All the connections self establish and you can listen to the audio and use the Nav 5 for directions or to control the phone for outgoing and incoming calls. However, you have to ensure the BT connection between the iPhone and the Sena is not enabled (use Disconnect, not Forget Device), the connection is not established by default if the Sena unit is turned on after the bike is powered up. The Sena connects to the BMW audio system and the Nav 5, and the Nav5 will connect to the iPhone to establish call connectivity. The Sena will now toggle seamlessly between the BMW audio system and the Nav 5 for calls and/or for directions.

If you want to stream music from the iPhone, or use the iPhone as the GPS for BlueTooth directions you can enable the iPhone connection to the Sena but the Sena will disconnect from the BMW audio system (as shown by the helmet icon and a flashing dot next to it on the BMW display). You can still use the Nav 5 for calls and for GPS directions with the Sena toggling between the Nav 5 and the iPhone audio stream seamlessly.
    You can re-establish the Sena connection to the BMW audio system by disconnecting the iPhone from the Sena in the iPhone Bluetooth connections, sometimes the BMW audio system needs a nudge by turning it on and off, or a quick press of the on/off button rather than a longer power on/off press of a few seconds.

I hope this helps in some way.

Have fun, safe riding!
    Andrew
    MOA # 210167
    Dark Grey K1600GT Liquid Cement Grey Monster 1200 S Bonnie Black Scrambler (carb)

I will try it in that order when I get home tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion!

Quote Originally Posted by dave40678 View Post
    I bought a used 2015 K1600 this spring from a private owner and canít get music from satellite or fm to play on my headset. Nav 5 with latest firmware, Cardo Scala Rider with latest firmware. Iím paired to bike and gps, I do hear gps directions, just unable to hear music. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any input!
    I think its a setting on the bike.
    I don't recall how to access it through the WW.
    You may have to experiment a bit.

Joe
    ďFate whispers to the warrior, 'You can not withstand the storm.'
    The warrior whispers back, 'I am the storm.'

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by desmoderek View Post
    Here's a comment I made on another thread regarding a similar situation but with a Sena headset. Maybe this will help. In short, I found I had to clear all pairings, and establish the BMW audio as the primary phone connection in order to listen to the BMW audio, and for the devices to toggle automatically.

Follow-up to my comment above:-

I have the following devices:-

K1600GT
    Nav 5.
    Sena 10U.
    iPhone 6 Plus.

I've been trying to find a seamless way to switch between the BMW audio system and my iPhone music apps (Apple or my current go-to, Pandora) while I'm wearing my Schuberth and integrated Sena 10U while using the Nav 5 for calls and directions (- I've still not found a way to use the Media Player on the Nav 5 at all.)
    There does not seem to be a way to do this without some intervention on the iPhone, I'll explain further down.
    This is the configuration I'm using - remember the 10U connection options may be different from your unit, it is different from my SMH10R, for instance.

Establish connections in the following order after having erased all previous connections between the devices.
    1. BMW Audio Headset 1 to Sena Phone pairing. Wait for the Sena to confirm connection, it takes a while.
    2. Nav 5 to Sena 10U as second phone connection.
    3. Nav 5 to iPhone.
    4. iPhone to Sena 10U as Selective Audio Pairing.

This set-up gives the BMW audio system priority when starting the bike and getting ready to ride. All the connections self establish and you can listen to the audio and use the Nav 5 for directions or to control the phone for outgoing and incoming calls. However, you have to ensure the BT connection between the iPhone and the Sena is not enabled (use Disconnect, not Forget Device), the connection is not established by default if the Sena unit is turned on after the bike is powered up. The Sena connects to the BMW audio system and the Nav 5, and the Nav5 will connect to the iPhone to establish call connectivity. The Sena will now toggle seamlessly between the BMW audio system and the Nav 5 for calls and/or for directions.

If you want to stream music from the iPhone, or use the iPhone as the GPS for BlueTooth directions you can enable the iPhone connection to the Sena but the Sena will disconnect from the BMW audio system (as shown by the helmet icon and a flashing dot next to it on the BMW display). You can still use the Nav 5 for calls and for GPS directions with the Sena toggling between the Nav 5 and the iPhone audio stream seamlessly.
    You can re-establish the Sena connection to the BMW audio system by disconnecting the iPhone from the Sena in the iPhone Bluetooth connections, sometimes the BMW audio system needs a nudge by turning it on and off, or a quick press of the on/off button rather than a longer power on/off press of a few seconds.

I hope this helps in some way.

Have fun, safe riding!
    That worked! Thanks very much for the information. The owners manual for the bike sucks as far as audio info!