• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tire Vendors at the Rally?

jimsk

Does anyone have contact information for the tire vendors at the rally? I'd like to reserve a tire if possible...I run Rilot Road 4s on my GS. I know that Nomar, and Michelin will be there, but don't know how to contact them. Neither vendors website is any help...

Thanks,

Jim
Canton, OH

Does anyone have contact information for the tire vendors at the rally? I'd like to reserve a tire if possible...I run Rilot Road 4s on my GS. I know that Nomar, and Michelin will be there, but don't know how to contact them. Neither vendors website is any help...

Thanks,

Jim
Canton, OH

Those vendors are already on grounds at the rally. When will you be getting to the Rally?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just a word of warning. Those guys will get busy, and just because you have a tire held doesn’t mean you have a spot held in the line to get it installed. I had Nomar hold a tire for me at the Billings rally and when I got there on Thursday morning there was a 2 day wait to get it mounted...

Unless your doing over a 3 week trip you shouldn’t be starting out on tire that can’t make back home. I know thing happen but that’s different.

Unless your doing over a 3 week trip you shouldn’t be starting out on tire that can’t make back home. I know thing happen but that’s different.

For myself I agree because I dislike the turmoil in getting a tire and an appointment and putting the bike in line for a half day etc. On the other hand there are many many riders that plan on getting one or two tires at the rally - because of price, or not having to go a few hundred miles to a dealer just for tires, etc. And there are at least two businesses that come to the rally just to meet this demand.

The night before we left home to head to the rally Voni found a nail in her rear tire. I plugged the tire. So 650 miles later we stopped at our son Mike's in Kansas and then the next day we went to Engle Motors in Kansas City and got a new tire installed. I could have waited until we got to the rally but chose to patronize my favorite dealership and avoid any hassle scheduling things while at the rally.

Last edited:

That can be argued either way. Before last year's rally, I guesstimated I had about 2500 miles left on my PR4s - not enough for the 4k+ trip. Because I do my own tire changes, mounting new Roadtec 01 tires before the trip was an easy choice. The old set was remounted when I returned nine days later, run about 1800 miles and then the Roadtecs went back on the bike. The PR4s were then too close to the wear bars for anything but short trips and I was planning several 300+ mile days.

Replacing the tires at the dealer before the trip would have meant wasting about 30% of the PR4 tread life. Having the dealer swap them back on the bike after the trip would have been unattractive after figuring in the cost and time required.

If I was not equipped to do my own tire changes, the PR4s would have gotten me to the rally, but not back home. Getting tires at the rally would have been the best choice, as I could enjoy the events while my tires were changed without wasting $100 worth of tire.

Back