Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: First BMW '03 K1200GT

  1. #1
    Registered User paddlefoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    East TN. Bouncing around
    Posts
    19

    First BMW '03 K1200GT

    Is there any way to find out how many of the early series K1200GTs were made?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by paddlefoot View Post
    Is there any way to find out how many of the early series K1200GTs were made?
    A lot?
    They aren't rare bikes.
    Why the question?

  3. #3
    Registered User paddlefoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    East TN. Bouncing around
    Posts
    19
    Not rare but maybe under appreciated? It seems that there is little support for things like windscreens, footpeg lowering kits and the like. If you search for used fairing/body parts you find lots of bits for the LT or RS but very little for the GT. Is there anyone who specializes in the RS/GT K bikes?

  4. #4
    Pantana-The Lonesome Weir
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Longmeadow, MA
    Posts
    14

    2003 k1200 gt

    Quote Originally Posted by paddlefoot View Post
    Not rare but maybe under appreciated? It seems that there is little support for things like windscreens, footpeg lowering kits and the like. If you search for used fairing/body parts you find lots of bits for the LT or RS but very little for the GT. Is there anyone who specializes in the RS/GT K bikes?
    Check out 'Pirates Lair"
    Pantana
    The Lonesome Weirdos

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by paddlefoot View Post
    Not rare but maybe under appreciated? It seems that there is little support for things like windscreens, footpeg lowering kits and the like. If you search for used fairing/body parts you find lots of bits for the LT or RS but very little for the GT. Is there anyone who specializes in the RS/GT K bikes?
    The first-gen GT is really an RS with a few doo-dads added. Most of the bodywork is interchangeable, as are the footpegs.
    The standard aftermarket windscreen suppliers used to make pieces for the RS and GT. Don't know if they are still available.

  6. #6
    Registered User GTRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nibley, UT USA
    Posts
    903
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDiCarlo View Post
    The first-gen GT is really an RS with a few doo-dads added. Most of the bodywork is interchangeable, as are the footpegs.
    The standard aftermarket windscreen suppliers used to make pieces for the RS and GT. Don't know if they are still available.
    Aeroflow no longer makes a windshield for these bikes, but Parabellum does—and they are very good at supporting them.

    Best,
    DG
    DGerber
    1983 R80ST — 1984 R80 G/S PD — 1993 R100GS — 2004 K1200GT w/Hannigan S/C — 2010 K1300GT
    BMWMOA#52184, AMA#271542, IBA#138

  7. #7
    Registered User paddlefoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    East TN. Bouncing around
    Posts
    19
    Thanks for the Pirates Lair info. Looks like a great place, though some of the best stuff for the GT looks like it’s no longer available. That longer shift lever would have been useful with my size 14s.

  8. #8
    Debbie's Servant Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    5,242
    Quote Originally Posted by paddlefoot View Post
    Thanks for the Pirates Lair info. Looks like a great place,
    Jerry is a great vendor to deal with.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Similar Threads

  1. 03 k1200gt ecu
    By jeffd in forum Flying Brick K-bikes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-26-2012, 11:43 AM
  2. '03 K1200gt Mpg
    By ELJEFFERSON in forum Flying Brick K-bikes
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-03-2008, 06:24 AM
  3. K1200GT or Not
    By GS20Rider in forum Flying Brick K-bikes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-30-2005, 12:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •