• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Ordered New Tire

kskraye

I ordered a tire off ebay from Chaparral Motorsports on July 1, on the 6th I get an email saying they don't have the tire. I was planing a little trip this week and now waiting for another tire. If you have something on ebay, you should be able to put your hands on it, not wait 5 days before you notify someone you don't have it. I will do my best not to do business with them again.

Well, it’s eBay—where things are often not what they are purported to be. :dunno

You would likely have had better luck just ordering it directly from their company website at https://www.chapmoto.com, where an out-of-stock situation would have been much more likely to have been flagged...

Best,
DG

One more reason to support your local businesses, wether it's your dealer or some other store. Hope you aren't threadbare on the tire though..

I ordered two tires from Revzilla on Friday June 22 and received them Tuesday June 26. I got free shipping and a 15.00 coupon to use on my next order. Like you I needed them ASAP and called and talked to a real person who was very nice and confirmed they had them in stock and would ship them out right away. I also felt I got them at a fair price.

Here's another source for tires and other parts: https://www.2wheel.com Same situation...three day delivery to most of the US because they're drop-shipped from a warehouse or distributor near to you. Shipping these days in this competitive business is usually free.

I prefer buying through my regular dealer. I may pay a bit more but I'm assured they're new tires and not from a production date 3 or 4 years ago. And I also prefer supporting my local dealer. (Please, I'm not passing judgment here, just sharing my reasons.)

It’s eBay.
Get one at your local guy and be good to go.
OM

Local is over a 100 miles. I was after the Mitas E 07, that was the place I thought I found one after going to other stores. They must be doing away with that tire.

Last edited:
Back