• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mobil synthetic 75-90 gear lubricant

nortoneye

Hi,

Need to change final drive lubricant. Happen to have Mobil 1 synthetic gear lubricant 75-90 on hand. Any reason not to use it?

Thanks for the input

Hi,

Need to change final drive lubricant. Happen to have Mobil 1 synthetic gear lubricant 75-90 on hand. Any reason not to use it?

Thanks for the input

that's what i use in my 13RT for both the final drive and gearbox every 6000 miles...i also add a 50gram tube of LiquiMoly to the quart of 75w90....been doing the same for 100k miles:)

LiquiMoly

Liqui Moly 2009 Anti-friction oil treatment? There are several products on Amazon by that brand name.

Got it. Thanks!
I have a brand new 2013 RT, and it’s gone ‘a little’ over the 600 mile break-in rear drive oil change. Getting ready to do it this weekend. I might wait and get some of that goop delivered to add in.

It’s listed in the BMW MOA Marketplace.

I thought brand new...like with warranty and no miles. Appears dealer bought ("punched") it over three years ago which started/ended warranty and a few miles added along the way. Enjoy the ride.

Back