• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Sena/Schuberth/whomever? SC10U

W7lej1

Kindly curmudgeon
Anyone using one of these? It's apparently a Sena manufactured, Schuberth branded item.

Anyway - just finished installing into my several year old C3 (not Pro) helmet. Initial impressions:

- Physical install - kinda dorky, the "battery" part does not lie flat to the back of my helmet, in spite of multiple attempts.
- Sound quality for music from my Nav !V - initial 8.5 to 9/10. Only 'cause I've only listened on my AM commute, not yet out on the freeway at speed. It will probably be just fine.
- Communications and Intercom - not yet tried, not my primary concern as I'm mostly a solo rider.
- FM radio "feature" - ?????? Either that does not work at all, my particular unit has a problem, or (quite possible) I cannot follow instructions. I installed the Schuberth app for my iPhone, paired the headset, set up the radio page for the US tuning pattern, saved a couple of favorite local stations. But when I select FM radio mode, all I can hear is some faint random noise.

I did upgrade the f/w in the headset to the latest version per instructions. No FM radio is not a big loss, not my primary use model, but it would be nice for during the commute. Anyone have experience or ideas? Thank you!

Marty

I had the 10U in my Shoei NeoTech. I had two different units replaced under warranty. One for a battery issue and the other for losing one channel. Shoei were very accommodating. When the third unit arrived, I never opened the box and sold it in favor of a Schuberth SRC system for my C3 pro. Works flawlessly. FWIW, RevZilla have the SRC system on clearance for both the C3 and C3 pro. Might be a good alternative if you can't get the 10U to work the way you want.

Joe

My wife and I are both using Sena 10u in c3 pros, different size shells but battery units do not cause any issues. The battery fits between pads in helmet and neck roll. We mainly only use for intercom since bike radio will only pair with one unit. The FM radio works well on both units though, once you get used to the button sequence that is needed to turn on and off. The only thing that was fidgety was getting pads reattached onto snaps and placement of speakers in helmet. I only use the remote for volume adjustment and have it mounted on Illium bar riser upper tube next to clutch reservoir.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hey All, thanks for your replies and links, etc.

FYI, one thing I learned - the Sena 10U for Schuberth and the SC10U are (apparently) slightly different critters. The SC10U is marketed by Schuberth, it comes in a Schuberth box, and the iPhone app is a Schuberth-branded app - the Sena app won't work with the SC10U. Also the SC10 U does not have the handlebar-mounted controller - all of the "features" are accessed by either the phone app or by pushing various combos of buttons on the headset.

I'm now going searching on the Schuberth site for a forum, I understand there is a forum, and I'll pose my question there. All the rest of the features aside from the FM radio seem to be working OK, I can live with that.

Thanks again!

Marty

The Schuberth comm system is what kept me from buying a new C-4 Pro, as the only comm unit that can be fitted to that helmet is Schuberth’s rebranded Sena unit. I did not want to downgrade from the 20S units my wife and I currently use. May try mounting the 20S on the E-1 helmet and see what that looks like.

Best,
DG

Back