• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

More Honda retro.....and I like it!

Omega Man

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
Staff member
Honda is bringing back the CUB for 2019-

2019_SuperCubC125ABS_600x400_PearlNiltavaBlue_trans.png

I had so much fun on old, hand-me downs of the originals :dance

https://powersports.honda.com/2019/super-cub-c125-abs.aspx

And- I'm really looking forward to see the Monkey......A retro of the Mini-Trail I wish I still had. It's build on the Grom platform so I don't know how close it will really be- but I can hope.

2019_Monkey_600x400_BananaYellow_trans.png

https://powersports.honda.com/2019/monkey.aspx

678b8ab5-6549-ba7d-8cbd-d0004c353a78-600x400.jpg

OM

They have sold 60 million of them in 60 years. It is the highest selling motor vehicle of any description. Why not? In my youth I always thought they were sissified and I wanted a Honda 65 or better yet an S90. Parental units would not allow. I tell them that's why my addiction to two wheeled transport. Mom is 92 and when I tell her I am coming to visit she says "You aren't going to ride that durned old motor are you?" Then when I do, she always offers me her car for the trip home.

When I was a kid I would go over to friends and neighbors homes. They had scooters, little motorcycles, go carts, fishing and ski boats, party barges, homes on the lake......... oh well, good for them. :dunno Some how I survived to adulthood. :) I had braces instead. Still got my teeth at 65. :thumb

Thx Mom and Dad. Y'all had your priorities in order. Still would really have enjoyed a little scooter or motorcycle as a kid. Knowing what I know now, walking is good for ya. :):thumb

My first bike, a 1963 model. Flogged the bejeepers outta that bike until it died and I got my CL160 Scrambler. Good memories there, glad to see it’s re-entering production.

Best,
DG

I know of someone here on the forum with a new "in the wrapper" Mini-trail" :whistle Good thing he is not closer :nod

I've never been in a car seat. I remember my brother at the drive in....between my parents....in a wicker basket ;)

IMO, children that have exposure to some type of motorsports early in life, won't think pumping their own gas is a big mechanical event :)

O:burnoutM

Been on a "Buy" list since last Dec/Jan in case they brought them to the US. They will be available in the US Jan '19.

They say "Limited Numbers". My opinion is that is to cover their butt in case they don't sell in the US. I say they will sell just fine or better. May be the last Cub 125cc combustion engine bikes before electrics.

C125-Only Blue. $ 3,595 plus or minus

Charlie

p.s. That was 100 million Cub type engines in 60 years. 50cc to 110cc engines

2019 Super Cub C125 ABS
SPECIFICATIONS

ENGINE
Engine Type
124.9cc air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore And Stroke
52.4mm x 57.9mm
Compression Ratio
9.3:1
Induction
PGM-FI with automatic enrichment
Ignition
Fully transistorized
Valve Train
SOHC; two valves per cylinder
DRIVE TRAIN
Transmission
Four-speed semi-automatic
Final Drive
Chain
Clutch
Automatic centrifugal
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION / BRAKES
Front Suspension
26mm telescopic fork; 3.5 inches travel
Rear Suspension
Twin shock; 3.6 inches travel
Front Brake
Single 220mm hydraulic disc; ABS
Rear Brake
Mechanical drum
Front Tire
70/90-17
Rear Tire
80/90-17
DIMENSIONS
Rake
26.5°
Trail
2.8 inches
Wheelbase
48.9 inches
Seat Height
30.7 inches
Fuel Capacity
1.0 gallon
Curb Weight
240 pounds (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride)
Miles Per Gallon
TBD MPG - Honda's fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider weight, and other factors.
OTHER
Model ID
C125A
Emissions
Meets current EPA standards. Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
Available Colors
Pearl Niltava Blue
FACTORY WARRANTY INFORMATION
One Year
Unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.

Wish they would bring back the CL-72 (250 Scrambler):)
My first bike ! It was a 1964 with a few hundred miles on it, bought for $400. Sold it like a fool.:banghead
Gus

I worked at a local Honda dealer my senior year in high school. A friend and I spent our time there getting motorcycles out of the crate, get them running and out onto the floor. We would put a dozen together after school. The next day after school we'd have to do another dozen because the others would all be gone. When we had time we'd put a couple Super Hawks or CA150's on the floor. But the cubs were a hot item at the time. I probably assembled 200 of em while I worked there. That was 1962 or 63. S90's were another Honda people couldn't get enough of. It was a amazing time for motorcycles, we would sell 50/60 bikes on a weekend.

Oh man, thanks for the memories ! Super 90’s and 50/60 bikes a weekend ! Brings a tear in the eye of a two wheel romanticist.

I remember being pillion on a Super 90 in ‘65 and now my buddy on front flies a Honda Jet as a retirement job to keep the juices flowing.

My Honda Dealer has sold a Monkey and most people are asking for an ABS Monkey. Would have sold another if he had one. There are 3 people on the “Cub” C125 buy list, of which I’m first. I’ve been on the list for a year, plus or minus. Only 2 months to go as the projected introduction is (still) January ‘19.

Ain’t two wheels grand ?

Charlie

Back