Thread: Sunscreen

ohbeemer

Sunscreen

I love the fresh air and not the odor of sunscreens. Anyone using a truly odorless sunscreen? My nose sticks out so far its in the next county 5 minutes before the rest of me

Nutrogena

Neutrogena's sunscreen products are über $$, but far less smelly than less expensive brands that are in some cases, equally protective. Living in the high desert and swimming miles a day, I practically bathe in it before going out every day.
    Last edited by 1957mpd; 07-03-2018 at 04:30 AM.
    "Soló el que ensaya lo absurdo es capaz de conquistar lo imposible." Miguel de Unamuno 1905

Mark - Las Cruces, NM - '10 K1300S and '17 R1200 GSA

I use Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist spray-on sunscreen.

I'm big on sunscreen since I've had skin cancer many times and I also am a hat person. I pack a Tilley in my Vario case and can usually be spotted wearing a Tilley hat. Baseball caps are useless which I why I go with a wide-brimmed hat which also makes for a great rain hat.

Harry
    My fleet: 2015 R1200GS, 2017 Toyota Prius Prime (plug-in hybrid)

ohbeemer
    Quote Originally Posted by 1957mpd View Post
    Neutrogena's sunscreen products are über $$, but far less smelly than less expensive brands that are in some cases, equally protective. Living in the high desert and swimming miles a day, I practically bathe in it before going out every day.
    Thanks will be out in the sun today, I wish it were in your part of the world, beautiful. Sanch Panza on 1150 GS

I like the No-Ad brand SPF 50 from Walmart. It does not stink, is inexpensive, and does the job.
    MOA #107139
    RA #28511

Registered User RIDERR1150GSADV's Avatar
    My dermatologist recommended Neutrogena as well. I have always worn long sleeve everything and I still ended up getting a few spots frozen and cut off of me...
    The trick is to reapply whatever you use often. Now that I have an indoor job, my sun exposure is limited to riding my bicycles either road or MTB..
    MOA # 108516
    Current ride 2018 R1200 GSA Triple Black
    Past rides '04 R1150RT, '05 K1200LT, '06 R1150GSA, ‘17 R1200RT

Quote Originally Posted by azgman View Post
    I like the No-Ad brand SPF 50 from Walmart. It does not stink, is inexpensive, and does the job.
    It's the only product my derm Dr. wants me wearing after burning and cutting crap off my face/ears/neck for years now. Brim hat, no ball ball caps was another order from the Doc/. She personally uses the No-Ad as well.
    The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Always worked and played outdoors.
    Spent lot of time on, in, and underwater starting back the 60's. Used zinc oxide, then noskote, bullfrog & zinka.
    Now prefer NON paba (chemical based) products.
    Titanium dioxide/zinc oxide based sunscreens work best for me. Most are fragrance free.
    Neutrogena from the jawline up, because I hardly notice that it's on.
    Other products from the neck down.
    The baby stuff works well if working up a sweat. It can feel plastic like, and I have a bluish tint wearing it, but it stays put and like the Neutrogena, doesn't irritate the eyes much.
    I've got stuff up to SPF 110, and BIG sombreros.

IMG_1550.jpg
    We are all here for a spell, get all the good laughs you can.
    Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by AKsuited View Post
    I use Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist spray-on sunscreen.
    I've been using this also the last couple years after receiving a free can on RAGBRAI.
    On my face and neck I use Neutrogena Sport Face SPF 70.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

ohbeemer
    Thanks for the input, I did pitch the Dollar general stuff and found that Neutragena, You have to look closely for the small print that says fragrance free. So its as close to fresh air that you can get IMO.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    As an aside, if you don’t mind looking like a Power Ranger when you ride, you may not mind looking like a Ninja in the sun. https://www.hukgear.com/blogs/news/1...on-for-anglers
    These new sun protection hooded shirts are a hot item with the fishermen and those who may spend time in the sun.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Another thing I have done is to have window tint applied all the way around in my car. It's the lightest shade available so it is legal in New York. Even the lightest shade blocks 99 percent of UV.
    My fleet: 2015 R1200GS, 2017 Toyota Prius Prime (plug-in hybrid)