• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Sunscreen

ramble

ohbeemer
I love the fresh air and not the odor of sunscreens. Anyone using a truly odorless sunscreen? My nose sticks out so far its in the next county 5 minutes before the rest of me:)

Nutrogena

Neutrogena's sunscreen products are über $$, but far less smelly than less expensive brands that are in some cases, equally protective. Living in the high desert and swimming miles a day, I practically bathe in it before going out every day.

Last edited:
I use Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist spray-on sunscreen.

I'm big on sunscreen since I've had skin cancer many times and I also am a hat person. I pack a Tilley in my Vario case and can usually be spotted wearing a Tilley hat. Baseball caps are useless which I why I go with a wide-brimmed hat which also makes for a great rain hat.

Harry

Neutrogena's sunscreen products are über $$, but far less smelly than less expensive brands that are in some cases, equally protective. Living in the high desert and swimming miles a day, I practically bathe in it before going out every day.

Thanks will be out in the sun today, I wish it were in your part of the world, beautiful. Sanch Panza on 1150 GS

I like the No-Ad brand SPF 50 from Walmart. It does not stink, is inexpensive, and does the job.

My dermatologist recommended Neutrogena as well. I have always worn long sleeve everything and I still ended up getting a few spots frozen and cut off of me... :banghead
The trick is to reapply whatever you use often. Now that I have an indoor job, my sun exposure is limited to riding my bicycles either road or MTB..

I like the No-Ad brand SPF 50 from Walmart. It does not stink, is inexpensive, and does the job.

It's the only product my derm Dr. wants me wearing after burning and cutting crap off my face/ears/neck for years now. Brim hat, no ball ball caps was another order from the Doc/. She personally uses the No-Ad as well.

Always worked and played outdoors.
Spent lot of time on, in, and underwater starting back the 60's. Used zinc oxide, then noskote, bullfrog & zinka.
Now prefer NON paba (chemical based) products.
Titanium dioxide/zinc oxide based sunscreens work best for me. Most are fragrance free.
Neutrogena from the jawline up, because I hardly notice that it's on.
Other products from the neck down.
The baby stuff works well if working up a sweat. It can feel plastic like, and I have a bluish tint wearing it, but it stays put and like the Neutrogena, doesn't irritate the eyes much.
I've got stuff up to SPF 110, and BIG sombreros.

IMG_1550.jpg

I use Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist spray-on sunscreen.

I've been using this also the last couple years after receiving a free can on RAGBRAI.
On my face and neck I use Neutrogena Sport Face SPF 70.

Thanks for the input, I did pitch the Dollar general stuff and found that Neutragena, You have to look closely for the small print that says fragrance free. So its as close to fresh air that you can get IMO.

Another thing I have done is to have window tint applied all the way around in my car. It's the lightest shade available so it is legal in New York. Even the lightest shade blocks 99 percent of UV.

Back