Thread: Fuel Pump '95 K75

Fuel Pump '95 K75

image.jpeg

I replaced the fuel pump today as the old one was starting to make more noise than I felt comfortable with for an upcoming road trip. The old pump was 4 years old.

I purchased an Enduralast 43mm pump from EUROMOTOELECTRICS.COM. $114 with pump filter.

The anti rotating protrusion on the new pump was not located above the protruding ring as the old one was, but seemed to me to be useless, being located below the ring that prevents the pump from rising or sinking in the isolator. There is a notch in the top of the isolator that I think the protrusion sits in to keep the pump from rotating. Now I'm just guessing that this was the design and function.

Both pumps seemed to be a little loose in the isolator so I just cut up someone old fuel line and shimmed snug.

Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by 72r60/7 View Post
    image.jpeg

I replaced the fuel pump today as the old one was starting to make more noise than I felt comfortable with for an upcoming road trip. The old pump was 4 years old.

I purchased an Enduralast 43mm pump from EUROMOTOELECTRICS.COM. $114 with pump filter.

The anti rotating protrusion on the new pump was not located above the protruding ring as the old one was, but seemed to me to be useless, being located below the ring that prevents the pump from rising or sinking in the isolator. There is a notch in the top of the isolator that I think the protrusion sits in to keep the pump from rotating. Now I'm just guessing that this was the design and function.

Both pumps seemed to be a little loose in the isolator so I just cut up someone old fuel line and shimmed snug.

Charlie
    I hope the fuel line you used as a shim was internally and externally fuel resistant like the hoses inside the tank are. Otherwise, the exterior of the hose will eventually turn to black muck and could clog the fuel filter.
    Lee A. Dickinson - Danielsville, GA USA
    MOA 80364 | RA 29650 | ABC 3480 | IBA 8914
    1976 R75/6 - 1992 R100RS - 1993 K1100RS - 2013 R1200GS

. hope the fuel line you used as a shim was internally and externally fuel resistant like the hoses inside the tank are. Otherwise, the exterior of the hose will eventually turn to black muck and could clog the fuel filter.
    beemerphile

Absolutely, it was a consideration.
    Good point.

Charlie